Pacifica’s reputation for fog may be well deserved, but the little coastal town on the San Francisco peninsula still basks in the sun ... more »throughout much of the year. Coupled with the fact that San Pedro Valley County Park is nestled in the sheltered hillside next to Montara Mountain means that this area gets more than its fair share of good weather.
The hillside trails of San Pedro Valley Park are a great way to enjoy the 1200 acres of lush greenery and natural coastal mountainside with hardly an indication that you’re located right next to suburbia.
• 2.3 mile Brooks Creek Loop. Start at Brooks Creek trailhead, return on Montara Mountain Trail.
• 2.4 mile Valley View Loop. Pick up the Valley View Trail, return on Weiler Ranch Trail.
• 4.6 mile Hazelnut Trail Loop. Begin on Weiler Ranch Trail, return on Hazlenut Trail.
open meadow and grassland areas where endangered plants and animals may exist.
• 5.8 mile Valley View & Hazlenut trails Combine into a larger loop trail.
• 7.0 mile Montara Mountain Trail to North Peak out-and-back route.
• San Pedro Valley Park charges a day use fee and operates seasonal opening times. If you’re concerned about spending too long in the park and getting locked in, consider parking on the street outside the park entrance.
• The picnic tables with barbeque pits are a great place for a family get-together.
• Pick a nice clear day for this hike as San Bruno Mountain can be a magnet for clouds and fog. less «