We stayed in the family room at the back of the property. There are two rooms (the kids one off the main room), you have to go through the kids room to the en-suite. Everything was really clean, comfortably and homely. Welcome was friendly. Breakfast good. The parking was not for the faint hearted though as it's parking nose-to-tail in... More
- Also Known As:
- Monkgate Guest House Hotel York
- Monkgate Guest House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monkgate Guest House is 200 years old and is only five minutes walk from York Minster and the city centre where you will find beautiful shops and restaurants and all York's attractions close to hand. The property was originally three Georgian cottages so it is cosy and rambling with the quaint features you would expect from an older property. We have two rooms on the ground floor and the other rooms are on the first floor accessed by a flight of stairs. Our breakfast room is warm and inviting and we provide a full, freshly cooked English breakfast with eggs cooked to your requirements alongside the other menu options. We have limited off street parking in a narrow driveway at the side of the house, you will be able to forget your car then and walk to all the amenities! We can however try to arrange more parking if necessary. Free wifi is availabe in the public rooms and most bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Monkgate Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.