Having read favourable reviews we chose 'The Old Ferry Inn'. We drove around the hamlet seeking parking for 30 minutes. Friendly greeting, shown to an old fashioned room the type I recall from the 80's. TV I thought was an I Pod (9"), en suite with extraction fan that woke the whole floor, sprung bed with 1 pillow each (the... More
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ferry Inn Bodinnick Hotel Fowey
- The Old Ferry Inn Bodinnick Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Fowey River Estuary in the picturesque village of Bodinnick, The Old Ferry is a quintessential Cornish Inn that has been providing accommodation and refreshment for over 400 years. We overlook the Bodinnick to Fowey ferry which can trace its roots back to the 13th Century, and 'Ferryside' the former family home of Daphne du Maurier. The Inn with its relaxed and warm welcome has many traditional features including a wood burner and stone slate floor, and is full of old photographs, nautical bric-a-brac and memorabilia. The perfect place to while away time during the winter months.Our panoramic restaurant gives fantastic river views towards the town of Fowey and the village of Polruan. There are also south facing outside terraces which also have splendid estuary views, and capture the sun all day, a perfect retreat for a summers day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Old Ferry Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.