I visited this hostel as a solo guest during a summer travelling break. It was a bit of a commute to downtown Austin, but there was at least a bus service that passed near the hostel. The hostel itself was fairly clean; has a decent living area with a small library of books and some tourist info guides; friendly staff;... More
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International Austin Hotel Austin
- Hostelling International Austin Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HI Austin rests on the south shores of Lady Bird Lake, providing a peaceful setting only minutes from downtown Austin. Guests are only footsteps away from bus lines, the hike & bike trail, and the Colorado River. A 10 minute journey could take you to the middle of the Red River music district, to the stylish hub of South Congress, to the cool waters of Barton Springs Pool, or to the natural beauty of the Austin Greenbelt. Our fun and friendly staff would love to give you some ideas of what to do in town and directions on how to get there!Please note HI Austin is obligated to charge a 15% lodging tax on all overnight stays in accordance with Texas and City of Austin law. Regrettably, we cannot accept anyone who lives within 60 miles of the hostel as guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Hostelling International Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.