The staff was very helpful. Room was spacious. Bathroom was clean and hot water was available throughout the day. Hotel location is central and just 10 minutes walk to the main market or the darjeeling railway station. Note: Although the hotel says that the rooms are air conditioned, you need to pay extra for the heater @Rs.200/day for standard rooms.
- Also Known As:
- Snow Lion Homestay Hotel
- Snow Lion Homestay Darjeeling
- Snow Lion Homestay Hotel Darjeeling
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Darjeeling, close to the Mall's shopping and entertainment, is "Snowlion Homestay." The hotel is owned & managed by a Tibetan family. Located on Gandhi Road, which is a continuation of the Mall Road, it provides an ideal base for the many local tourist attractions, whilst being in a central, upmarket area of the town. All our rooms have en suite (attached) bathroom with showers, hot & cold running water (24hrs), W.C, in-house telephone and remote control television with Cable TV (37 channels including BBC, Star TV, Zee, ESPN etc). We provide room heaters and hot water bottles at no additional cost during the winter season. WI-FI is freely accessible in the lounge. We would be happy to arrange for a taxi to collect you at BGD airport or NJP station. We have pick-up from BGD airport or NJP station and travel to Darjeeling (one way). If you choose to use us to be dropped back to the Airport or Station at the end of your stay, we will arrange it. The drive up to Darjeeling is 3hrs and is in any event very scenic. Often tourists choose to use a slightly longer (and even more scenic) route via Mirik Lake. This latter route is approximately 4 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Snow Lion HomeStay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.