We stayed four nights at Thanda. We had originally booked the tent cabins, but due to rennovations were upgraded to a luxury room with a private dip pool and stunningly beautiful day bed area outside on the deck overlooking the bush. Wow. It was difficult to pry myself away from our room and go on safaris. Food was very gourmet... More
- Also Known As:
- Thanda Private Game Reserve Hotel
- Thanda Private Game Reserve Hotel Hluhluwe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thanda Private Game Reserve is situated 23km north of Hluhluwe in northern Zululand, South Africa, and is set on a 14 000-hectare Big Five private game reserve. Thanda, meaning ‘love’ in Zulu, unites romance and exclusivity with Zulu culture and wildlife. The nine luxury bush villas at the main lodge have private infinity pools, viewing decks, private salas, lounges, fireplaces and full bathrooms with both indoor and outdoor showers. The individual bomas at each villa offer guests dining privacy. The public facilities at the main lodge include a lounge, library, dining room, boma, dining deck, wine cellar, cigar bar, fully equipped business centre and viewing decks. The royal private villa can accommodate 10 people, offering accommodation as a unit or five separate suites. Each suite is individually decorated and very private, with own viewing deck. Public facilities at the royal private villa include a boma, library, cellar, business area, heated pool and a magnificent deck overlooking a waterhole. The tented camp is built in colonial safari style, offering an authentic bush experience in 14 tents. The tents have viewing decks and en-suite canvass bathrooms. Public facilities at the tented camp include a dining tent, a boma area, and a sala consisting of an ‘open-air’ lounge and a 10x5m rim-flow pool. The Honeymoon Tent offers a sophisticated mix of romance, privacy and refined comfort in the heart of the African bush. The Honeymoon Tent features a king-sized bed in a spacious bedroom, and a comfortable separate lounge area for relaxation. A highlight of the tent is the outdoor shower and splash pool which has spectacular panoramic views of the 14000-hectare reserve. Thanda’s award-winning wellness centre offers treatments such as aromatherapy and massages using African essential oils in a base of shea butter and the Africology range. Safaris in open game viewing vehicles are conducted exclusively for Thanda guests on the low risk malaria reserve. Vula Zulu, a traditional homestead adjacent to Thanda is a showcase of traditional Zulu warriors performing age-old dancing rites, as was done prior to and after battle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Olotels, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Thanda Private Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.