Classic early Arizona! Wonderful people, great horses, starry skys. The food is memorable. If you have an opportunity to enjoy the ranch once, you'll find a way to go again. It's a place of tranquility. Each visitor is welcomed like family coming home. We'll be going again in the spring.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho De La Osa Guest Ranch Hotel
- Rancho De La Osa Guest Ranch Hotel Sasabe
- Rancho De La Osa Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the late 1600's, the fertile Altar Valley was settled by Spanish Jesuits. Father Eusebio Francisco Kino and his followers built a mission outpost on what is now our ranch. Still standing and in use, this rare historic adobe structure is considered to be the oldest building in Arizona. Today it serves as a peaceful gathering place for guests to mingle and relax. Rancho De La Osa or 'Ranch of the She Bear' is one of the last great Spanish Haciendas still standing in America. In 1921 Louisa Wade Wetherill, who is still considered one of the foremost Navajo historians, came south looking for a lost tribe of Navajos. She never found them, but she started Hacienda De La Osa Guest Ranch on Thanksgiving Day, 1924. We are a private, intimate Guest Ranch, with 18 Territorial-style guest rooms. Each guest room has a private bath and most have a wood-burning fireplace. All guests are within a short stroll to the pool, hot tub, hiking, Wildlife Refuge and corrals. Enjoy Southwestern dining in our romantic, historic hacienda dining room, secluded outdoor courtyard or under the stars at a cookout! We have a Cantina with full liquor license and carry an extensive wine list, premium tequilas and a margarita you won't soon forget! You will enjoy choice cuts of meat, innovative entrees, fresh, crisp greens and vegetables and decadent desserts. We are happy to cook vegetarian or low fat--just let us know before you arrive. Rancho De La Osa is a truly special place that rejuvenates the spirit and invigorates the soul. We hope you will visit soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rancho de la Osa Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.