Stayed here for a walking weekend in April. This place is a gem - exactly how a hotel should be. The setting is magnificent, the staff are wonderful, and the restaurant is about as good as it gets. The staff - in particular the chef - must really take a pride in what they do here. Not desperately cheap, but... More
- Also Known As:
- Leathes Head Country Borrowdale
- Leathes Head Country Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leathes Head is a magnificent eleven bedroom Edwardian Country House Hotel, situated in the unspoilt Borrowdale Valley. The hotel is set amongst three acres of private grounds and is surrounded by stunning scenery, meandering rivers and some of the most spectacular fells in North West England.With superb views across the valley and easy access to Keswick, this is the perfect place for a relaxing break. The entire Borrowdale valley is ringed by glorious fells known and loved by seasoned walkers. Lake cruises, water sports, mountain biking trails and plenty of other Lake District activities are all within easy reach of the hotel. We are proud holders of an AA Rosette for food, and our guests can enjoy dishes prepared using locally sourced ingredients; sit in the traditional bar to enjoy a drink or watch the wildlife from the comfort of the conservatory windows before retiring to one of the individually furnished bedrooms, with views of the surrounding countryside and hotel gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Priceline so you can book your The Leathes Head Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.