My husband and I (and another couple) stayed at the Riu Sante Fe for 7 nights.
Hotel is beautiful. The layout feels like a small village vs a hotel. The lobby and main stage are open to the courtyard so it feels very spacious. There are six large pools so it didn't feel crowded and we always found recliners (even in the afternoon after the 7am'ers claim chairs with towels). The food was good, however becomes repetitive after the fourth day. The staff was excellent.
The Bad (or OK):
The beds are hard and the pillows very flat. This was probably the worst thing about the resort. I had no desire to lounge in bed because it was so uncomfortable. We went to a timeshare presentation at the Westin and I wanted to jump in their "Heavenly Bed". Riu - its time to upgrade! Drinks were the second worse. I LOVE pina coladas at the beach, however these were no good. Its cheap liquor and cheap mixers.
The college spring breakers. I've been in college so I'm all about having fun, however they were very inconsiderate. Screaming all night, vomiting everywhere (staff did a good job cleaning behind them), passing out. My advice - don't go during spring break.
If I return to Cabo, I would stay at the Riu however I enjoy Mexico's east coast more because its warmer and you can swim in the ocean. Overall, it was a great visit and I would definitely recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.