It's great that I'm writing the first English review of the hotel. This is a brand new hotel with stylish design. With a great welcome offer (~EUR$100 per night including breakfast), you would expect some hiccups:
1) No internet on the night I stayed
2) Wrong information given at the reception: breakfast ends at 9:30am instead of 10:30am
3) A little dusty floor because of the construction work
4) Electric plug problem: I plugged in an adaptor (which i used all over Europe), sparks went out and electricity were gone for my room and the room next to me. Staff were not sure of the fulse location. Took around 20-30 minutes to fix it.
5) Some construction was going on during day-time. It didn't affect us much because we were out sight-seeing most of the time.
6) Breakfast food not as fresh as the other Novotel in Paris (where I had the best breakfast ever), yet still acceptable.
However, the good things out-weighted the above hiccups:
1) Stylish design and welcoming staff
2) Good infrastructure: good air conditioner, sufficient water pressure, comfortable bathroom
3) Large and very clean room
4) The most comfortable bed that I had in France
5) Good location. It is just 5 min walk from the Avignon centre station (see below) and 15-20 min walk to Palais des Papes, old city centre
Be careful: I made a mistake when I booked the hotel. I mistaken the TGV station with the centre station. Costed me EUR$12 taxi to go to the hotel.
There are 2 train stations in Avignon. The one next to the hotel is the centre station (Gare d'Avignon-Centre, local called it 'small station). If you are taking TGV from other cities to Avignon, you'll be getting off at the Gare Avignon TGV, which is 10 min ride by shuttle. There is a blue shuttle going to Avignon Post office (Avignon Poste) which should have a stop in front of the hotel. If not, the Post office is just 3 min walk. It's only EUR$1.2.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC