I stayed at the Crowne Plaza DFC for one very brief night, on my way back from a business trip in the Far East. The hotel is situated next to it's sister hotel, the Intercontinental Hotel DFC, and these two properties adjoin a huge shopping/ leisure complex. I took at taxi from the Airport, which cost around US$10. The taxis here are modern and the drivers all take great care of their passengers. Upon arrival, I was met at the door by a very friendly member of the hotel staff who took my bags, and I proceeded to check-in, which was very quick and efficient. The hotel upgraded my room to an executive room with a creekside view, which was very good of them, and very much appreciated. I then proceeded to my room, which was beautifully furnished, well designed and of course it had a great view out over the creek. The weather was very hot, and a little humid, and perhaps thats why so few people seemed to be around. I went down to the pool area, and in total I think there were around 10 people in an area that can maybe accommadate 300-400 people. Great as far as I was concerned, probably not so good for the hotel. I never used the hotel facilities bar the pool and sun loungers, and I went for a walk through the shopping mall, and decided to eat there, so I never tried out the restaurants either. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's certainly not the Intercontinental's poor relation, although first impressions of the hotel reception might otherwise make you believe that it is- The lobby seems to have been designed by one person, and the rest of the hotel by another. So don't let the reception put you off. In the morning, I had to leave the hotel at 5am, check out was very quick and efficient, and the staff very friendly and helpful. I will certainly stay there again. I loved it.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City Hotel Dubai
- Crowne Plaza Dubai
- Dubai Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City is located on the banks of the Dubai Creek. The 5 star hotel features 316 rooms and suites, with leisure facilities including 25m outdoor lap pool, 3 spa pools, children s splash pool, and 24-hour gym. Two 18-hole championship golf courses located minutes away. The hotel is proud to be the first non-smoking Crowne Plaza with a no-smoking policy in all rooms and public areas, offering our guests a cleaner and healthier environment during their stay. All rooms and bathrooms offer fantastic views of the creek or city skyline, equipped with high speed internet access and 37 LCD tv. Directly joined to the 38,000sq ft Event Centre, Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City is ideal for all business travelers. The hotel has three superb restaurants - Zaytoun ( Olive in Arabic) all-day dining, Mazar lobby lounge, and the authentic Belgian Beer CafÃ©, each with stunning city and creek views. The hotel is connected directly to the Festival Waterfront Centre, a luxury shopping centre with over 550 retail outlets, 90 restaurants and cafÃ©s, and 100 berth marina, perfect especially during the famous Dubai Shopping Festivals over summer and winter months. Dubai is known for many attractions, all within easy access of the hotel - the iconic Burj Al Arab, record breaking Burj Dubai, Ski Dubai, Wild Wadi Water Park, Mall of the Emirates or the beautiful Dubai beaches in Jumeirah or Mamzar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.