Ciao! Went on the sun island with my wife and two friends in February this year by our friends suggest.The Island is so big and green,never been in such a cosy place! You might need to rent a bike to go around.We fed stingrays every evening-we loved it!Our villa N510 was so close so we could walk to the pier where we fed stingrays with a fish provided by a nice young guys.
Villa has been cleaned properly and daily.We were leaving about $3-$5 each day for our room attendant.He was always polite.Also he has decorated our bed 2 times with a beautifull flowers!
Food was nice.You are getting your own table and waiter too.Very friendly staff,helped us with everything we've asked.
Visited Spa.We went for Maldivian and Thai massages.We loved this special spirit of the Spa.The spa is a different world! It is located near the Water Bungalows in tranquil place.Very clean and well organised.You can choose from over 20 special massages.Fresh tea served after the massage.
Beaches are great with white sand.We were in many tropical locations (Thailand,Carribean islands,Mauritius) but never seen so clear,unreal colored water and white sands!Perfetto!
We bought All Inclusive-good enough to have fun!Full board could be for somebody who doesn't drink alcohol.
Many Russians,most of them with children,We've met the couple from France and spent most of our time getting around the island.
Swimming pool is big,clean with two waterfalls : one on each side and swim up bar: friendly staff.You have to sign for every drink you take.That is fine as long as you are on All Inclusive!
Nightlife.There is life music,disco,crab race or you can smoke Shisha.We loved our table next to the pool tables!
Overall it was a great Holiday. We will be returning next year with our friends from France.
Frederico (Fred) and friends.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Island Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Sun Island Hotel
- Sun Island Resort Maldives
- Sun Island Maldives
- Hotel Sun Island
- Sun Island Resort Maldives/South Ari Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun Island measuring about 1.6 km in length and around 380 meters in width has 350 elegantly furnished guestrooms, including 72 water bungalows, out of which, 4 are Presidential Suites, 218 Super Deluxe Beach Bungalows and 60 Deluxe Beach Bungalows. All Deluxe and Super Deluxe Beach Bungalows are built on the beach ensuring a direct view of the shore and sea. All Water Bungalows are built on stilts in the lagoon overlooking the vast horizon of either the sunrise or sunset view, from your private deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Sun Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.