Service is superb, the staff actually anticipate you needs however the accommodation is poor with televisions20 to30 years old, dodgy heating and too much dust.
The food is poor, we wondered if it is too much to bring food up the mountains so local sparse fare is presented, ask for bacon at breakfast and you will receive one strip at about 1cm wide. Not a five star hotel I am afraid
- Also Known As:
- Oberoi Cecil - Shimla Hotel Shimla
- Oberoi Cecil - Shimla Hotel
- Oberoi Cecil Shimla
- Oberoi Shimla
- Shimla Oberoi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in Shimla, the gateway to the majestic Himalayas. Downtown Hotel with Colonial styling, 1 km from Shimla Station & 22 km from Jubalhatti-Shimla Airport. The Hotel is situated at the quite end of the famous Mall and is an ideal base from which to discover the unique beauty of the spectacular Himalayan ranges, Cedar forests and ancient monasteries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.