From the moment we made the last turn in from Telluride and the town of Dunton appeared in front of us, we felt like we were back home. You will read a lot of reviews that talk about how special and magical this place is...and, well, their right. The seclusion, the beautiful starlit evenings, the fantastically laid back, yet attentive staff, stellar food, and overall ambiance are simply hard to beat. We were lucky enough to have Dunton mostly to ourselves on are most recent trip, but had the pleasure of spending the first evening with a couple from LA (in the film industry) and the second night with a newly published and well reviewed writer. These guests made our trip all that much better as the conversations lasted well into the night. I will take special note to thank Eduardo, General Manager, for his seemly effortless ability to share stories with us over dinner and make us feel truly at home. We will look forward to seeing him and the staff again on our next trip. This round, we chose to go fly fishing once again and it didn't disappoint. The miles of private river and setting are simply wonderful. In close, the last evening we were there, the town received a light snow which was breath-taking, especially as we drove out back to the Montrose Airport. We stayed in the Dolores Cabin (Honeymoon) down by the river, and loved being tucked tight up to the river.
No one is able to combine the feeling of rustic lodge, town and seclusion with the level of luxury tied to it that Dunton supplies. Worth every penny and we will be back again.
- Also Known As:
- Dunton Hot Springs Dolores
- Dunton Hot Springs Hotel Dolores
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering luxurious and private cabin rentals in Southwest Colorado. Our cabins are in the San Juan Mountains. We offer an all-inclusive vacation. Enjoy our full service spa, fine dining, lodging, and activities. Book the entire town for your corporate retreat or wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Dunton Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.