Having spent 3 nights in Ubud, Seminyak appeared to have overwhelmed us a little with the hustle and bustle of a much vibrant town. And it took the serenity at Bonsai Villas to help us calm down and soak in the energy bit by bit.
The villas are located behind a small lane, which appeared to be inconvenient when we first arrived. We sure got used to it by the second day, and especially after gotten a scooter on rent. If you know how to manoeuvre one of those scooters or bikes, rent one. It was very useful especially when you travel to the beaches of Legian and Kuta.
Bonsai Villas has a total of 4 lovely rooms that surrounds a pool. The size of the pool was adequate and you can actually take a nice quite swim in it. The one down-side of the pool was the colour of the tiles, which was all black in colour with multiple steps. I had knocked my shin onto one of those steps, as it was camouflaged by the uniformed tile colours. But aesthetically it looks very nice though, just a little dangerous in my opinion.
The room we got was room 4. Overall my wife and I were very happy with the room. It came with a well-decorated hall, a useful and well-equipped kitchen and a roomy bedroom with a large bathroom attached to it.
The bed mattress and pillows were all comfy and the aircon was working well. The water pressure at the showers could be better but the heater was good. The tv was working but the pictures on every channel were grainy. Not a fault with the villa, but the satellite signal I suppose. So we ended up buying a few dvds to watch.
The kitchen equipments were adequate but their condition needed some improvements. The water kettle looked rusty and mouldy inside, and the villa didn't have any more spares. We had to boil water using a pot instead. And the floor tiles needed a better mop all round.
If you are looking to use the kitchen to cook, there is a large supermarket within walking distance you can buy your groceries from. Otherwise, there are a few restaurants nearby you can dine at. Ask Rudy and he can recommend you a few nice ones.
Finally we have to thank Rudy and his boys for their hospitality shown to us during our stay. Rudy especially has been very patient and accommodating to all our queries, and always speaks to us with a smile. If tranquillity and fantastic service are on top of your list, then Bonsai Villas will not disappoint.
- Also Known As:
- Bonsai Villas Hotel
- Bonsai Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Bonsai Villas Bali/Seminyak
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bonsai Villas offers spacious uniquely designed Asian and Japanese style fusion accommodation.Built with natural teak timber and tasteful antique furniture gives a serene relaxing atmosphere.In this quiet haven you will feel a sense of special friendliness free from everyday pressures.Situated in the centre of Seminyak,within walking distance to shops,restaurants, night life and all the excitement of this area.You will arrive as guests and leave as friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Bonsai Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.