I think the thing that makes this review sad is that we visited Lakeview 40 years ago when it was vibrant and new. The hotel has become tired. The carpeting needs to be replaced. I think that the prime use of the resort is for business and perhaps weddings. The golf course was in good shape. We enjoyed the fresh mountain air and the scenic view from the tees. The food was OK, not stellar. But then we arrived in a thunderstorm. All in all, Lakeview is a decent place to go and play golf. The spa/fitness center seems well used. Mostly by locals, I think. It is well equipped and busy. Outdoor pool is nice, indoor pool a bit claustrophobic.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family ResortNestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.