Be Aware!!!! Our stay at this hotel (Korean run hotel which is nothing close to its name "Stanford") was nothing close to pleasant. Here is the list of items that we found it too far from the reviews posted on tripadvisor (something didn't add up).
1. Hotel is so old that the shower rods are rusted so badly and you can see them easily. Doors don't close properly and the hotel room's door seems open all night as light was coming in from the large gaps.
2. Water pressure was really poor in the shower.
3. The A/C wasn't able to cool down the room no matter how low we brought down the thermostat (not a good night sleep).
4. Our card was charged $30 dollars at the check in(as the front desk claimed that was a common practice to the hotel) for incidental charges. They said they would put the money back on our card later. We had never experienced that in any hotel. We understand any incidental charges can be charged at the check out on the card on the file. This only made the hotel owner capable of bringing money to his/her account that wasn't his/hers for the duration of our stay. We didn't have any incidental charges. We were not happy that we had to be charged for something that wasn't necessary.
5. The fan in the bathroom didn't work. The steam/moisture from the shower made the bathroom and the room quite stuffy. The amount of dust/dirt stuck to the fan in the bathroom showed how badly the hotel had been maintained in cleaning and quality assurance.
6. The lobby was too small and the continental breakfast was very poorly arranged. Not enough healthy choices of food was on the table. We decided to eat breakfast somewhere else.
7. The bathroom in the lobby was locked at all times with no sign that guests needed to ask for keys to the bathroom. It was a misleading way of making guests wait to get into the bathroom. Bathrooms were not maintained well. They were dirty and no paper towel to dry hands. The dryer machine wasn't working either.
8. Staff wasn't helpful in explaining the charge processes or other matters. Staff was a bit hard to understand as well as you are in the Korean part of the town.
All together, we DO NOT suggest staying at this hotel. We paid $240 for one night and this was more like a motel with a really poor choice for the money spent. Ultimately, we preferred to spend $60 or a bit more to have a much cleaner and better hotel room that we could sleep and not wake up from being so hot or at least being able to use the bathroom in the lobby without the harassment of the front desk or other guests.
Both of us were very disappointed by trusting the ratings that we read on tripadvisor. We wondered how this hotel got 4 star since it was so old and poorly maintained.
- Also Known As:
- Stanford Hotel New York City
- Stanford Hotel New York
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Stanford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.