Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Kabuki performances tend to be about 4 hours long and often involve long queues for one-act tickets, so before you go to all that effort, join this tour of the Kabuki-za Gallery and learn everything you need to know about Kabuki! The tour begins with a "What is Kabuki?" talk over Japanese tea and sweets at a tea shop with rooftop garden before exploring the Kabuki-za Gallery. Your guide, Kazui, will show you her precious 150 year old woodblock prints! At the gallery, you will be shown props and costumes used for the shows and enjoy short films of Kabuki performances. There are hands-on activities such as a chance to play the classical instruments. This will give you a wonderful experience if you are unable to attend a live performance. Taking photos and video is allowed. Finally, we will visit a special Kabuki souvenir and Japanese traditional craft shops! If you are interested in shopping for books in English or woodblock prints of Kabuki, please send your requests in advance.
- You'll start atKabuki Inari Shrine4 Chome-12 Ginza, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-0061, JapanThe small shrine located on the right-hand corner of the Kabuki-za TheatreSee address & details
- 1Kabukiza TheaterStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Kabukiza TowerStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3Jugetsudo Tea Shop & CafeStop: 50 minutesSee details
- 4Kabukiza GalleryStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Kobikichō SquareStop: 20 minutesSee details
- You'll end atKabuki Inari Shrine4 Chome-12 Ginza, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-0061, JapanThe small shrine located on the right-hand corner of the Kabuki-za TheatreSee address & details
Kabuki Inari Shrine, 4 Chome-12 Ginza, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-0061, Japan
Returns to original departure point
- Kabuki-za Gallery ticket
- -Japanese or western sweets -Guests may choose one drink from the menu. There are several kinds of Japanese tea (Matcha, sencha, hojicha etc.), coffee, tea etc.
- Entry/Admission - Kabukiza Gallery
- Kabuki show ticket
- Entry/Admission - Kabukiza Theater
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
With a large family of kids of all ages, I did not think this was the best tour to join but being a parent who wanted to show his kids all aspects of Japanese life, we turned up with trepidation. Kazui not only made us feel welcomed, we all actually learnt a lot! We didn't have…
Date of experience: December 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Kazui Yabe
Really liked this tour. The theatre is easy to find by yourself using the train to Ginza. Kazui broke down the ac…
Amazing Presentation Takes Kabuki Enjoyment to Another Level!
This is the second time we have used the services of Kazui for a Kabuki talk. It was fun and educational and greatl…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
from SGD 204.30*
Popular: Booked by 51,256 travellers!
from SGD 189.26*
Popular: Booked by 4,293 travellers!
from SGD 187.57*
Popular: Booked by 1,378 travellers!
from SGD 214.95*
Popular: Booked by 1,800 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Kazui's Kabuki-za Gallery & shopping tour
Which attractions will I visit with Kazui's Kabuki-za Gallery & shopping tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Kazui's Kabuki-za Gallery & shopping tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Kazui's Kabuki-za Gallery & shopping tour?
Kazui's Kabuki-za Gallery & shopping tour price starts from S$87.95. Discover and book Kazui's Kabuki-za Gallery & shopping tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Kazui's Kabuki-za Gallery & shopping tour cancellation policy?
Kazui's Kabuki-za Gallery & shopping tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kazui's Kabuki-za Gallery & shopping tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Kazui's Kabuki-za Gallery & shopping tour?
Kazui's Kabuki-za Gallery & shopping tour is hosted by Kazui Yabe. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Kazui Yabe on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Kazui's Kabuki-za Gallery & shopping tour on Tripadvisor