View all photos (89)
Book by March 30 to save 20% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Discover the hidden gems of the El Yunque rainforest on this off-the-beaten path tour, ideal for the adventurous and those revisiting the park. Walk along secret trails and explore lesser-known waterfalls and swimming holes while discovering Puerto Rico’s wildlife, such as Coqui tree frogs. Enjoy a well-planned day of swimming, hiking, and wildlife on this tour from San Juan.
StartSee Important Information for details
- 1El Yunque Rain ForestStop: 4 hours - Admission includedAfter arriving to Ceiba, your initial hike will start off as pure adventure. You will cross a river (sometimes water can reach close to waist height), and an approximate 30-minute journey on a dirt/rock path, and possibly muddy terrain. This trail is surrounded by bamboo trees, rain-forest flowers, and many other beautiful plants. First visit a river and collecting pool that forms at the base of a waterfall. Take the time here and cool off in the refreshing waters or even swing from a rope. We will then proceed to do another hike and rock climb in order to visit more hidden natural pools (more strenuous part). Here you will also have the opportunity to cliff jump into the natural pools, or go down the natural water slide. We will then return hiking thru the same path we arrived. After the tour ends we will stop at a local restaurant for a late lunch (food cost not included), before returning to San Juan or your initial meeting point. This stop tends to take 1 to 1.5 hours.Read more
See Important Information for details
- Explore the hidden gems of El Yunque rainforest
- Spend the day hiking and swimming in natural pools
- Avoid the crowds and popular sites on this off-the-beaten-path tour
- Great for the adventurous who have previously visited El Yunque
What to Expect
Your tour begins with pickup at your hotel or central San Juan location. Bring your hiking boots, comfortable clothing, a bathing suit, towel, and change of clothing. At El Yunque, your hike takes you to a secret natural pool with a waterfall. Enjoy the local flora and fauna of the area, such as rainforest flowers and Coqui tree frogs, before taking a dip in the natural pools. Dry off before continuing on for an uphill hike. Next, visit El Portal Center to learn about the tropical rainforest, the only one in the US National Forest System. After another short, rocky hike, finish your adventure at another secluded pool with a natural water slide and a rope that swings into the river. After a stop for local Puerto Rican food (own expense), your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Park fees.
- Bottled water, Gatorade and light snacks.
- Hotel or port pick-up and drop-off (within the San Juan area, towns outside this area will have meeting point option or additional fee)
- Entry/Admission - El Yunque Rain Forest
- Additional fee for pick up/ drop off outside of San Juan.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates based on weather and river conditions, there is a possibility of cancellation if conditions are not found safe during rainy days.
- Please dress appropriately: Hiking shoes (tennis with a good grip also works) along with water shoes are strongly recommended.
- Wear comfortable clothing, swimsuit, bring a towel and change of clothes.
- We strongly suggest to have a good breakfast before departing on this tour.
- Due to uneven surfaces and the difficulty involved, this tour is not suitable for pregnant women, those with walking disabilities, with back or knee problems or physical impairments.
- Not suitable for participants with previous injuries, recent surgeries, heart conditions, vertigo, misbalance or other serious medical conditions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (not suitable for children under 7 years).
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish.
- Use of lifejacket is mandatory once participating on the water related activities.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers MUST provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and/or re-boarding time.
- Once you begin the tour, you must finish it all the way up to the second stop and return back with the group.
- Complimentary pick up in Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Calle Loiza areas (contact us for additional assistance).
- Additional transfer fee to towns outside of selected San Juan/Metro area will apply (each way):Rio Grande / Dorado / Fajardo/ Humacao).
- Estimated tour duration of 8 hours includes driving and lunch time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Bespoke Lifestyle Management
Great Tour and Swim in Rainforest River
Our excellent guide, Lismar, picked us up at our hotel in the Candado area of San Juan in a very modern and…
San Juan, Puerto Rico81
Adventure, Scenery and great tour guides
It’s a great tour. The guides were lovely. The busses were comfortable and big. Only thing to be aware of is,…
We toured the rainforest on Friday February 14. Our guide Jacob was excellent! Everything about our tour was top…
Awesome day trip!
The hike up to the Yunque was worth the effort. The description provided is accurate - the trails are muddy and…
Yunque Tour = Amazing!!; Bio Bay = okay
After five days in Puerto Rico, we have to say this tour of the Yunque Rainforest was definitely the highlight…
Captain hector and driver jose were super. It was an amazing adventure. There's absolutely no complaints. We can't…
Anyela Yulianna N10
Fernando is the best!!!
We just got done with our guided tour to el yunque, and it was worth every penny! Our guide Fernando was amazing…
The tour guides were absolutely amazing. I'm so glad we went with this tour company. We went for my friends…
La Grange, Illinois63
Fun day at the magnificent El Yunque Rain Forest
My wife and I had a wonderful time hiking through the rain forest, treckking up the beautiful Fajardo River and…
Best Guides Ever + Tips to Prepare for Trip
I have been on many excursions/tours before, and I can easily say the Bespoke tour guides Andreas, Ponce, and…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071