Tequila Herradura Express Train and Hacienda San Jose from Guadalajara
Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favourite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (45)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Escape the bustling city of Guadalajara and spend the day enjoying tequila tastings, traditional food, music, and dance. Departing the city on a train lets you skip traffic and enjoy the views rather than wasting time in transit. Upon reaching the historic Hacienda San José del Refugio, tequila enthusiasts can learn about the popular liquor on a distillery tour that is accompanied by tastings.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Tequila HerraduraStop: 10 hours - Admission includedWe will pick you up at your Hotel around 9:30 Am (Recommend to confirm Pickup time) and transfer to the train station, Check Inn and board the modern train of Herradura. Your all day shared tour begins with a train ride to Amatitan town, we start visiting the distillery and learn about the production process of making Tequila, we have a tequila tasting, and a traditional lunch is served in a old factory of the hacienda, you will savor Mexican dishes while enjoying live mariachi music and traditional dance. Your experience wraps up with the return trip on the Herradura train to Guadalajara. On the way back you can continue enjoying the authenticity of the Tequila Herradura.Read more
- Ride the express train to a tequila distillery at a historic hacienda
- Immerse yourself in the local culture with a traditional lunch and mariachi show
- Indulge in all-you-can-drink tequila cocktails
- Hotel pickup and drop-off mean you don’t have to worry about finding your way to the train station
- Guadalajara Hotel pickup and drop-off (Limited area)
- local Guide
- Round trip transportation on the Tequila Herradura Train
- Mexican snacks (box lunch) and cocktails prepared on board with tequila
- Tour inside a 150 Years old Hacienda world heritage
- Mariachi and Folkloric show
- Complete lunch and with tequila cocktails
- Bottled water, soft drinks and tequilas. all you can Drink.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Tequila Herradura
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Schedule subject to change
- Limited pick up Area to Guadalajara Center, Tlaquepaque Hotels, (not airbnb)
- Important contact us to the Phones numbers provide in voucher 24 to 48 hrs before tour to schedule pick up.
- there two categories available to chose. "Premium" is a basic category, (it allows fare for minor 4 - 12 ys, JR 13 - 17 Ys, senior + 68 ys) "Club" is a uper category only adults + 18 ys.
- The minimum legal drinking age in mexico is 18 ys.
- It is recommended to bring sunscreen, a hat, and a camera, confortable shoes.
- This is a walking tour inside an old hacienda with cobble stones street, its not recommend bring stroller or Wheelchair.
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 400 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
What an amazing time. Well worthy the time and money! The crew on the train was amazing and the experience at the Herradura location was unbelievable. Definitely recommend this tour !
Date of experience: March 2020
From start to finish this was the absolute best experience ever. I had Roberto as my tour guide and he was very good and explained certain details that made my trip even better. I can’t stop raving about how good it was. At the last minute I booked the 3rd tier tour and it was…
Date of experience: January 2020
Having taken both this large scale tequila train tour (about 1000 people visiting the Herradura factory, one of the largest producers of tequila) and also going on a small-group craft tequila tour (about 8 of us in a van, visiting a couple tequila crafters who bottle less…
Date of experience: February 2020
Fabulous service, great food,and above of all the best tequila. If you in Guadalajara this should be one of the things to do. From the people who meet you at the train station to the waiters inside the train, to the first class mariachis show and dancers is a very well money…
Date of experience: February 2020
They picked me up from the hotel and dropped me off after. It's an hour by train, great scenery, you'll taste quite a few types of drinks and get a snack on the train. You tour the distillery, have a traditional meal, drinks, get some opportunities to buy stuff then train ride…
Date of experience: January 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Aventurate por Jalisco
This was a great tour... the guide spoke English really well... picked us up from our hotel... dropped us back off…
Great knowledge and insight
We had a phenomenal experience, but I hope you can handle a lot of alcohol if you go! For starters, I was never a …
Fun and beautiful tour
We had a great time with Alejandro. He knew so much history and pointed out wonderful sites. His English was great …
We took the José Cuervo bus in the morning and returned on the train. We are very glad we were first on the bus as …
Really enjoyed the experiencie and the tour guide. If you are looking for something a little bit off the beaten tra…
Is an all day fun, you can eat and taste the different Jose Cuervo tequilas and enjoy the beautiful places.
A very interesting experience and a good guide
A very interesting experience and a good guide. You can see old tools in a little museum hall, the processes and in…
Great day, great guide
We had a wonderful day and I would wholeheartedly recommend this tour, and especially Arturo, the guide. We especia…
Skip the Tequila Trains & take a full day tour
We booked the full day Tequila tour including Hacienda San Jose del Refugio directly through Aventurate pot Jalisco…
Our Tour of Tequila
My wife and I took the José Cuervo Tequila Train tour when we recently visited Guadalajara. The all-day Trip was we…
best time of my life
this tour is one of my all times favorite. As soon as my boyfriend arrived at the station we were greeted with a sm…
Fun, informative, tasty and well managed
You can make this a booze trip or you can make this a culinary/food experience with an emphasis on Tequila and the …
Amazing tokillya day!
Worth every penny! I had done the Herradura tour a few years ago, but there train was under maintenance therefore I…
My Mom and I had a private tour a few weeks back. It was a weekday just before the holidays. Arturo picked us up …
This was by far one of the best tours I have ever done. The hacienda was BEAUTIFUL and the town of tequila was so …
- Duration: 8–9 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207