Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Enjoy a classic Cambridge experience without the expense of renting your own punt—or the hassle of steering it! (Just ask your guide for a punting lesson if you’d like to try.) Sit back, relax, and grab plenty of pictures, as your local guide introduces Cambridge’s most iconic sights. This leisurely Cam River punting trip is perfect for first-time visitors.
- You'll start atCambridge Alumni ToursAlumni Tours, Blue flag at King’s College on, King's Parade, Cambridge CB2 1SJ, UKMeet at the blue flag at KIng's College on King's Parade to redeem your ticket.See address & details
- Pass byCambridge Alumni ToursDarwin CollegeMathematical BridgeQueens' CollegeKing's CollegeTrinity HallTrinity CollegeSt. John's CollegeBridge of Sighs
- You'll end atGranta Moorings14 Newnham Rd, Cambridge CB3 9EX, UKSee address & details
- See Cambridge’s most iconic sights from the water on a traditional punt
- Relax and take photos as your guide steers the boat through the water
- Discover eight colleges and nine bridges, all explained by your guide
- The perfect introduction to the university city of Cambridge
What to Expect
Board your punt in central Cambridge to experience the university city in that most timeless of ways—from the water. Your local guide will do all the hard work and explain the sights, as you cruise past in the traditional flat-bottomed boat. Expect to see eight of the most famous Cambridge colleges, including Magdalene (say: “Mawdlin”), and nine bridges, among them the Mathematical Bridge and the Bridge of Sighs. You have plenty of time for photos and asking questions, as you punt along the Cam River—and, if you’d like to have a try at steering the boat yourself, feel free to ask your guide for a punting lesson.
Cambridge Alumni Tours, Alumni Tours, Blue flag at King’s College on, King's Parade, Cambridge CB2 1SJ, UK
Granta Moorings, 14 Newnham Rd, Cambridge CB3 9EX, UK
- Local student-guide
- Live commentary on board
- Cushions and blankets for your comfort
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Cambridge Alumni Tours - Pandemic Health and Safety Policy Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity. Stringent Cleaning - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests at our starting points. Social Distancing – We have reduced maximum capacity of our tours by 50%. Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during all points of our walking tour and guests will be seated further apart on our punting tours. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE and sanitise between each tour. Wellness Checks - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour. Please refer to our cancellation terms.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Excellent tour, I had friends come up from London to visit me and this was my ace up my sleeve , they really enjoyed the sites along the canal . Tim the guide was very professional and explained in depth what sites/views we would see and the staff knowledge of the history of the…
Date of experience: August 2018
1 Helpful vote
If you are in Cambridge for the day then punting is a must do here. I had a lovely time with my young daughter speaking to the manager Eren who really helped us out and made us feel welcome and had lots of good advice for us and things to do. Our tour guide max was brilliant and…
Date of experience: July 2018
1 Helpful vote
A wonderful and educative tour Of Cambridge university , it's a 800 years old education center. Thanking Cambridge university Alumni for the campus tour by boat in river CAM
Date of experience: June 2018
1 Helpful vote
We were very lucky to finally have the punting tour on May Bank Holiday. We had booked it on Internet for 3:30pm but unfortunately we couldn't make it because of traffic jams. When we finally arrived the manager was very accommodating and put us on the next tour at 4:30 - thank…
Date of experience: May 2018
During my first visit to Cambridge, I knew I wanted to go punting but I hadn't booked in advance and I thought I'll see how it goes once I get there. As soon as I stepped out of the Cambridge train station and walked for 5min, I was approached by Cambridge Alumni Tours on…
Date of experience: May 2018
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Cambridge Alumni Tours
Insightful and pleasant tour.
We joined the tour today and our tour guide was Kathrine, who was knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic, which m…
Informative and fun
Georgie was the tour guide- she shared lots of information on the history of the colleges, notable alumni, and many…
Informative & entertaining tour
Our tour guide was Georgie (hopefully I'm spelling it right!) - she was super enthusiastic to share lots of informa…
Entertaining and insightful tour
Georgie was awesome! She gave us a great tour - despite the driving rain and wind! Very entertaining and really inf…
A nice walk
We found Daniel to be knowledgeable,friendly and approachable, would definitely recommend.. both the younger member…
90 minute colleges tour
Khai khai, gave a friendly and interesting tour of the colleges. Her detailed account of the history and traditions…
Kathryn our tour guide was great. She was very knowledgeable and relaxed and very happy to answer any questions. I …
Great way to learn about Cambridge by foot
Interesting, informative and relaxed way to see and learn a bit more about Cambridge. Really enjoyed the tour and t…
Best tour to discover Cambridge by foot
The very passionate and engaging Francesco was our tour guide on a very nice Sunday morning and we had a very enter…
We had a great tour with Catherine today who was a mine of historical knowledge and trivia about the university and…
Interesting and worthwhile
Georgie was our tour guide. She was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic, managed to answer all of our questions and…
Tour of the university
Catherine was really engaging and knowledgeable. I thought i knew about Cambridge but she was a well of knowledge a…
Great tour with Georgina, our guide. Informative, lively and good to hear about life in Cambridge from a student. …
Interesting and fun tour
This was a brilliant tour, was saw all the main colleges and learnt lots about the university. Especially useful si…
Great, interesting tour. Worthwhile doing!
Georgie was our tour guide and she was fab. Really knowledgable and really enthusiastic during the tour, really kne…
- Duration: 50m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
from SGD 35.85*
Popular: Booked by 2,271 travellers!
from SGD 6.63* SGD 8.29
Frequently Asked Questions about Cambridge University Student-Guided Punting Tour
How much is Cambridge University Student-Guided Punting Tour?
Cambridge University Student-Guided Punting Tour price starts from S$35.68. Discover and book Cambridge University Student-Guided Punting Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Cambridge University Student-Guided Punting Tour cancellation policy?
Cambridge University Student-Guided Punting Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cambridge University Student-Guided Punting Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Cambridge University Student-Guided Punting Tour?
Cambridge University Student-Guided Punting Tour is hosted by Cambridge Alumni Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Cambridge Alumni Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Cambridge University Student-Guided Punting Tour on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Cambridge University Student-Guided Punting Tour?
On average, this experience will take approximately 50m. Discover and book Cambridge University Student-Guided Punting Tour on Tripadvisor