Recommended by 80% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 10)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Tailor your visit to Cambridge on this private punting tour. Cruising on one of the flat-bottomed boats synonymous with the city, see the prestigious colleges of Darwin and Magdalene, and pass below the Bridge of Sighs and Mathematical Bridge. Hear tales of Cambridge past and present from your guide who provides insider insight and, if required, punting lessons. A private tour means your group receives undivided attention.
- You'll start atCambridge Alumni ToursAlumni Tours, Blue flag at King’s College on, King's Parade, Cambridge CB2 1SJ, UKWe are a few metres to the right of King's College on King's Parade at the Blue FlagSee address & details
- Pass byCambridge Alumni ToursDarwin CollegeMathematical BridgeKing's CollegeClare CollegeTrinity HallTrinity CollegeBridge of SighsMagdalene College
- You'll end atGranta Moorings14 Newnham Rd, Cambridge CB3 9EX, UKThe tour will end at the mooring station.See address & details
- Private tour for just your group
- Enjoy your guide's undivided attention
- Learn lesser-known facts from your guide
- See Cambridge's sights while continuing its traditions
What to Expect
After booking, contact your guide with any personal preferences so that they can better tailor the tour to your interests. On the day, at your pre-selected time, meet your guide in the center of Cambridge. Together you walk down to the river to embark upon your punting tour. If required, your guide can offer a punting lesson. Otherwise, push off and begin traveling along the river. Along the way, see eight of Cambridge's best-known colleges, including Magdalene College and Darwin College. See the Mathematical Bridge and the beautifully structured Bridge of Sighs, named after Venice’s famed covered bridge. While punting, your guide dives deep into the history of Cambridge and offers insider insight for how to enjoy the rest of your stay. Your tour concludes back in the city, where it began.
Cambridge Alumni Tours, Alumni Tours, Blue flag at King’s College on, King's Parade, Cambridge CB2 1SJ, UK
Granta Moorings, 14 Newnham Rd, Cambridge CB3 9EX, UK
- Live commentary onboard
- Private tour
- Experienced Professional Photographer
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- Cambridge Alumni Tours - Pandemic Health and Safety Policy Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity. Stringent Cleaning - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests at our starting points. Social Distancing – We have reduced maximum capacity of our tours by 50%. Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during all points of our walking tour and guests will be seated further apart on our punting tours. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE and sanitise between each tour. Wellness Checks - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour. Please refer to our cancellation terms.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Josh was our guide and how interesting he was with history, stories and comments. Although he must have done this many times he made it feel like it was his first well done brilliant tour.
Date of experience: May 2018
Booked for today but unfortunately could not take the tour because if River current. Now stuck for my refund. Can someone help?!
Response from CambridgeAlumniTours, Owner at Private Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour With Pro Photographer
Responded 16 Mar 2019
We normally allow 3 days for Viator to process your refund. It should be with you by the end of the week. Sincerely, Cambridge Alumni Tours
What a great experience, I would recommend this to everyone who visits Cambridge. Gem who was our guide made this tour personal, funny and we leant some of the great history of Cambridge. Thanks Gem you were fantastic.
Date of experience: December 2017
I had plans to propose to my girlfriend while sailing down the River Cam on a punt. After doing some research and talking to some people, I finally settled on Cambridge Alumni Tours to help with my proposal. I was wholly satisfied and happy with the assistance, professionalism…
Date of experience: October 2017
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Cambridge Alumni Tours
Insightful and pleasant tour.
We joined the tour today and our tour guide was Kathrine, who was knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic, which m…
Informative and fun
Georgie was the tour guide- she shared lots of information on the history of the colleges, notable alumni, and many…
Informative & entertaining tour
Our tour guide was Georgie (hopefully I'm spelling it right!) - she was super enthusiastic to share lots of informa…
Entertaining and insightful tour
Georgie was awesome! She gave us a great tour - despite the driving rain and wind! Very entertaining and really inf…
A nice walk
We found Daniel to be knowledgeable,friendly and approachable, would definitely recommend.. both the younger member…
90 minute colleges tour
Khai khai, gave a friendly and interesting tour of the colleges. Her detailed account of the history and traditions…
Kathryn our tour guide was great. She was very knowledgeable and relaxed and very happy to answer any questions. I …
Great way to learn about Cambridge by foot
Interesting, informative and relaxed way to see and learn a bit more about Cambridge. Really enjoyed the tour and t…
Best tour to discover Cambridge by foot
The very passionate and engaging Francesco was our tour guide on a very nice Sunday morning and we had a very enter…
We had a great tour with Catherine today who was a mine of historical knowledge and trivia about the university and…
Interesting and worthwhile
Georgie was our tour guide. She was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic, managed to answer all of our questions and…
Tour of the university
Catherine was really engaging and knowledgeable. I thought i knew about Cambridge but she was a well of knowledge a…
Great tour with Georgina, our guide. Informative, lively and good to hear about life in Cambridge from a student. …
Interesting and fun tour
This was a brilliant tour, was saw all the main colleges and learnt lots about the university. Especially useful si…
Great, interesting tour. Worthwhile doing!
Georgie was our tour guide and she was fab. Really knowledgable and really enthusiastic during the tour, really kne…
- Duration: 50m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
from SGD 6.63* SGD 8.29
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour With Pro Photographer
Which attractions will I visit with Private Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour With Pro Photographer?
How much is Private Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour With Pro Photographer?
Private Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour With Pro Photographer price starts from S$633.22. Discover and book Private Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour With Pro Photographer on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour With Pro Photographer cancellation policy?
Private Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour With Pro Photographer cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour With Pro Photographer on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour With Pro Photographer?
Private Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour With Pro Photographer is hosted by Cambridge Alumni Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Cambridge Alumni Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour With Pro Photographer on Tripadvisor