View all photos (8)
Recommended by 80% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 10)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Tailor your visit to Cambridge on this private punting tour. Cruising on one of the flat-bottomed boats synonymous with the city, see the prestigious colleges of Darwin and Magdalene, and pass below the Bridge of Sighs and Mathematical Bridge. Hear tales of Cambridge past and present from your guide who provides insider insight and, if required, punting lessons. A private tour means your group receives undivided attention.
You'll start at
Cambridge Alumni Tours
Alumni Tours, Blue flag at King’s College on, King's Parade, Cambridge CB2 1SJ, UKWe are a few metres to the right of King's College on King's Parade at the Blue Flag
See address & details
- Pass by Cambridge Alumni ToursPass by Darwin CollegePass by Mathematical BridgePass by King's CollegePass by Clare CollegePass by Trinity HallPass by Trinity CollegePass by Bridge of SighsPass by Magdalene College
You'll end at
14 Newnham Rd, Cambridge CB3 9EX, UKThe tour will end at the mooring station.
See address & details
- Private tour for just your group
- Enjoy your guide's undivided attention
- Learn lesser-known facts from your guide
- See Cambridge's sights while continuing its traditions
What to Expect
After booking, contact your guide with any personal preferences so that they can better tailor the tour to your interests. On the day, at your pre-selected time, meet your guide in the center of Cambridge. Together you walk down to the river to embark upon your punting tour. If required, your guide can offer a punting lesson. Otherwise, push off and begin traveling along the river. Along the way, see eight of Cambridge's best-known colleges, including Magdalene College and Darwin College. See the Mathematical Bridge and the beautifully structured Bridge of Sighs, named after Venice’s famed covered bridge. While punting, your guide dives deep into the history of Cambridge and offers insider insight for how to enjoy the rest of your stay. Your tour concludes back in the city, where it began.
Cambridge Alumni Tours, Alumni Tours, Blue flag at King’s College on, King's Parade, Cambridge CB2 1SJ, UK
Granta Moorings, 14 Newnham Rd, Cambridge CB3 9EX, UK
- Live commentary onboard
- Private tour
- Experienced Professional Photographer
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- Cambridge Alumni Tours - Pandemic Health and Safety Policy Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity. Stringent Cleaning - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests at our starting points. Social Distancing – We have reduced maximum capacity of our tours by 50%. Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during all points of our walking tour and guests will be seated further apart on our punting tours. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE and sanitise between each tour. Wellness Checks - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour. Please refer to our cancellation terms.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Josh was our guide and how interesting he was with history, stories and comments. Although he must have done this many times he made it feel like it was his first well done brilliant tour.
Date of experience: May 2018
Booked for today but unfortunately could not take the tour because if River current. Now stuck for my refund. Can someone help?!
Response from CambridgeAlumniTours, Owner at Private: Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour with Professional Photography
Responded 16 Mar 2019
We normally allow 3 days for Viator to process your refund. It should be with you by the end of the week. Sincerely, Cambridge Alumni Tours
What a great experience, I would recommend this to everyone who visits Cambridge. Gem who was our guide made this tour personal, funny and we leant some of the great history of Cambridge. Thanks Gem you were fantastic.
Date of experience: December 2017
I had plans to propose to my girlfriend while sailing down the River Cam on a punt. After doing some research and talking to some people, I finally settled on Cambridge Alumni Tours to help with my proposal. I was wholly satisfied and happy with the assistance, professionalism…
Date of experience: October 2017
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Cambridge Alumni Tours
A good overview of Cambridge and college life and traditions. We saw many things that on a casual unguided walk we …
Great experience, we found out really interesting things. We are going to come back soon. Joshua was a really nice …
This is a recommended tour. Despite not being able to see everything due to COVID19, there was still plenty to see …
We found the tour to be informative and enjoyable. Our guide, Josh, was knowledgeable, entertaining and able to sha…
Went on this tour yesterday. Original time got changed from 11 to 1PM but this was well communicated to me. It was …
Brilliant guided tour by Cambridge Alumni
An amazing couple of hours spent with tour guide Kathryn, an accomplished alumni from Cambridge Law stream. While a…
The guide was great. Our tour was at 1pm 26.07.2020. Informative and interesting. We were lucky to have a good weat…
A great tour and experience
A great tour,with a very good insight into student life at the university. The history,of the university and the d…
Really interesting tour
Really interesting tour. Unfortunately no access to colleges due to Covid - but our guide, Gong, was both pleasant …
An Excellent Tour
The tour was great and very informative. Catherine was very knowledgable and good fun to talk to. The tour was enga…
A Great Tour
The tour was great and very interesting, Gong was very knowledgeable. It was also really nice to hear about the Uni…
Really Great tour guide.
My time slot was cancelled but I had a call to have a choice for refunding or rescheduling. I have reschedule it …
Fab tour of Cambridge Colleges
The tour was great, so interesting and lots of pretty sights along the way. Tour guide Josh was fab! The only shame…
Interesting and lively tour of the city
We really enjoyed our walking tour around Cambridge with our guide, Josh. He had a wealth of information to share a…
Great tour guide
We had a great time with our personal tour guide. We would like to say a big thank you for Catherine (our price tou…
- Duration: 50m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 441 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 622 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,265 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private: Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour with Professional Photography
Which attractions will I visit with Private: Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour with Professional Photography?
How much is Private: Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour with Professional Photography?
Private: Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour with Professional Photography price starts from US$457.24. Discover and book Private: Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour with Professional Photography on Tripadvisor
What is the Private: Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour with Professional Photography cancellation policy?
Private: Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour with Professional Photography cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private: Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour with Professional Photography on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private: Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour with Professional Photography?
Private: Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour with Professional Photography is hosted by Cambridge Alumni Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Cambridge Alumni Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private: Student-Guided Cambridge Punting Tour with Professional Photography on Tripadvisor