Swansea City Walking Tour
By Fogo's Free Cardiff Walking Tours
Swansea is the second biggest city in Wales, and a city with a fascinating history. It is a city with a name of Norse origins, but developed by the Normans. It lived through the Middle Ages and became the biggest town in Wales in the 1700s due to the emergence of the copper trade. The industrial revolution created the Swansea we have today, but the city suffered through the demise of heavy industry, as well as the impact of World War 2. From Vikings to copper, from trains to Dylan Thomas, the evolution of this young city is revealed across this two hour tour.
per group (up to 15)
per group (up to 15)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Personal guide
- Departure details
- Swansea Castle, 8 Castle St, Swansea SA1 1DW, UK Meet the tour guide on at Swansea Castle on Castle St, right in the heart of the city centre. The guide will be easily identifiable by a green umbrella and/or green name badge.
- Meridian Tower, Trawler Rd, Maritime Quarter, Swansea SA1 1JN, UK The tour will finish opposite The Tower at Meridien Quay in Swansea Marina, overlooking Swansea Beach.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 124211P1
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Swansea City Walking Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Swansea City Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Swansea City Walking Tour?
- Swansea City Walking Tour price starts from S$172.34. Discover and book Swansea City Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Swansea City Walking Tour cancellation policy?
- Swansea City Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Swansea City Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Swansea City Walking Tour?
- Swansea City Walking Tour is hosted by Fogo's Free Cardiff Walking Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Fogo's Free Cardiff Walking Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Swansea City Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 124211P1
- You'll start atSwansea Castle8 Castle St, Swansea SA1 1DW, UKMeet the tour guide on at Swansea Castle on Castle St, right in the heart of the city centre. The guide will be easily identifiable by a green umbrella and/or green name badge.See address & details
- 1Swansea CastleStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 2Swansea MarketStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3Swansea MuseumStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 4Dylan Thomas CentreStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 5Swansea BeachStop: 5 minutesSee details
- You'll end atMeridian TowerMeridian Tower, Trawler Rd, Maritime Quarter, Swansea SA1 1JN, UKThe tour will finish opposite The Tower at Meridien Quay in Swansea Marina, overlooking Swansea Beach.See address & details
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
Fogo’s walking tour - Cardiff
Fogo’s free walking tour was a great way to see Cardiff on foot. Eugene was an excellent guide who took us at a com…
Best two hour tour,Excellent value.
i have travelled widely,and used city tours to get a quick insight into all the history and street sights avalible.…
Five stars for FOGO's free tour
Eugene was a knowledgeable, kind, and patient tour guide! His familiarity with Wales was well complemented by his c…
Very knowledgeable and engaging tour
A very good walking tour, comparable with some of the best we've been on, Eugene had done his research and was very…
Enjoyable way to explore a city
A nice balance of relevant historical events, cultural insights and significant buildings. It can't be easy leading…
A great introduction to Cardiff.
Eugene delivers just the right amount of information using interesting stories. A great summary of Cardiff history.…
Best Tour I’ve Been On
I started off knowing almost nothing about Cardiff or Wales. We got a brilliant taste of the country, it’s connecti…
Came Back for Seconds
I didn’t think Cardiff could have such a dark past, but Eugene gave us all the gritty details in the most tasteful …
Definitely worth it!
This is such a great way to get to know the city. Eugene was very friendly and knowledgeable, and even with the hot…
I’ve done both Cardiff walking tour and Swansea walking tour with Eugene and it was great! The tour is a great way …
Absolutely wonderful tour
The tip based "free tour of Cardiff" was absolutely wonderful. I have been to Cardiff many times. I learned so much…
We absolutely LOVED this free tour. We were a bit worried about walking for 2 hours but it doesn't feel like much …
Great tour with Eugene!
Very interesting tour around the city center of Cardiff in a small group. Eugene is suuper nice and a great guide; …
Best tour in town
What a nice experience! Despite the fact we weren't native speakers, we could follow the explanations without probl…
Fogo’s free walking tour of Cardiff
Eugene made this walking tour of Cardiff extremely interesting with his immense amount of knowledge of not only Car…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Thoroughly enjoyed Eugene’s tour of Cardiff! Despite living a short drive away, my mother and I learnt a lot about Cardiff that we didn’t know. Eugene’s tour was packed with information, and he clearly knew the city well and answered all our questions. Will definitely be trying to catch one of his other tours soon. Thank you 😊
Written 15 February 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Hi Noelle, Thanks for taking the time to leave the tour a review. I appreciate the nice words and hope to see you on a tour again in the future. Eugene
Written 26 March 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.