View all photos (36)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Take a leisurely drive to the medieval town of Kilkenny, a 1.5-hour drive from Dublin, known for its castles, churches, and a crafts scene. Relax on a tour that stops at the Wicklow Mountains, admire views of Wicklow Gap and Turlogh waterfall, and visits the ruins of Glendalough along the way. Free time in Kilkenny allows you time for lunch at an Irish pub (own expense), tour Kilkenny Castle, or visit Black Abbey.
You’ll have 3 starting optionsSee Important Information for details
- 1Glendalough Monastic SettlementStop: 90 minutes -See details
- 2KilkennyStop: 2 hours -See details
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
- Enjoy a leisurely drive to Kilkenny, with a stop at Wicklow Mountains
- Plenty of free time in Kilkenny: Discover the city at your own pace
- Save time by taking a trip that stops at all the best viewpoints
- Hassle-free round-trip transport from central Dublin
What to Expect
Meet your comfortable bus at a central Dublin location and then head south into County Wicklow, Ireland’s Garden County. The first stop is Glendalough, a mountain valley used as a filming location for Braveheart and renowned for its 10th-century monastic ruins. Continue along the Wicklow Gap, with views of the Wicklow Mountains, and stop to admire the Turlogh waterfall, before arriving in Kilkenny in time for lunch. Enjoy at least two hours of free time in Kilkenny to explore the city at your leisure. Perhaps head to a traditional Irish pub for lunch (own expense), visit the medieval Kilkenny Castle, or admire landmarks such as Black Abbey and Cathedral of Saint Canice. The tour ends with drop-off in central Dublin.
Paddy's Palace, 5 Beresford Pl, Gardiner Street Lower, Northside, Dublin, Ireland Discover Ireland Information Office (Fáilte Ireland), 14 O'Connell Street Upper, Northside, Dublin, D01 WP59, Ireland Molly Malone Statue, Suffolk St, Dublin 2, D02 KX03, Ireland
Returns to original departure point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Pick-up and drop off in Dublin (Refer to voucher for further information)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- USB ports at every seat
- Food and drinks
- Entrance to Kilkenny Castle
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Bookings made through Viator will automatically be signed up for Paddys Palace, Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin (collecting @ 09:00).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- If you wish to change your reservation to one of the other pick- up locations, you will need to contact us by telephone or email not later than 18:00 the evening prior so that we can guarantee the change. Please note the different collection times for O'Connell Street is at 09:10 and Suffolk Street is at 09:15.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Paddywagon Tours
Our driver was really kind, the travel on the bus was shorter than expected and it was a great choice to know…
5 Stars for Blarney Tour
This was one of my favorite tours I’ve taken in Ireland (and I’ve taken most of them!). Lee, our driver/guide, was…
Great day trip! Beautiful views, entertainment & much more
The ride with our driver Paul was most enjoyable. From a warm welcome, over loads of entertaining stories (which I…
A must do when in Ireland,thoroughly enjoyed it. The driver was friendly,professional and helpful. A very lovely…
Beautiful day with amazing guide!
The one day tour I took to Kilkenny was amazing! The driver/ guide Richard O'Brien was very fun and helpfull, gave…
WE had a wonderful trip. It was very informative trip with a great sampling of locations along the way.
Vila do Porto, Portugal1286727
Sadly. . . . A bad experience 🇮🇪🙄
Basically what we had was a transfer service. Until we reached the first stopping point - Monasterboice - the…
Worth the €€ even if you don’t get off the bus
My four friends and I have been studying abroad in Spain for college and we decided to come to Ireland for a trip.…
Trip with Richard of O'Briens'
Disclaimer: Read the whole review before final judgment. -------------------------------------- So, we had this…
Bruton, United Kingdom10
The best week of your life!
It was the most amazing week of my life! This trip was engaging, exciting. and lots of fun. Our tour guide John…
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207