View all photos (12)
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 4)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
For group sizes of up to 4, 8 or 15 passengers, this Private Guided Day Trip from Harrogate, just for your party, provides the opportunity to explore the scenic and picturesque North York Moors National Park, enjoy more than two hours in the seaside town of Whitby and take a Steam Train ride on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway! You will also experience the traditional English moorland villages of Hutton-le-Hole and Goathland (Heartbeat and Harry Potter filming location) and travel back to Harrogate through the Howardian Hills, passing by Castle Howard. In Whitby, you will be able to see Whitby Abbey (inspiration for the Dracula books), visit the Captain Cook Attractions, shop for some Whitby Jet or Gothic Fashion, sample Fish & Chips from the famous Magpie Café or just enjoy the bustling port and waterfront – the choice is yours!
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Hutton le HoleStop: 30 minutes -See details
- 2North York Moors National ParkSee details
- 3Whitby HarbourStop: 2 hours -See details
- 4North Yorkshire Moors RailwayStop: 45 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 5Goathland StationStop: 45 minutes -See details
- 6The Hole of HorcumStop: 5 minutes -See details
- 7Castle HowardSee details
- Pick up and drop off is from your hotel or from another location of your choice in Harrogate
- Relaxed and friendly small-group tour
- Driver/guide, who provides live commentary
- Comfortable air-conditioned vehicles
- Regular photo, refreshment, and restroom stops
- Entrance fees to optional attractions, including Yorkshire Steam Railway option
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 4 years can be accepted, by prior arrangement only, on the strict condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them and purchases a ticket for the child
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Service animals are allowed by prior arrangement only
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: BOBH – Day Tours of Yorkshire
Excellent and highly recommended
I highly recommend this tour. I found this tour really incredibly good, it was totally fun. We not only visited th…
This was my third tour with Bob Holidays, Mark is an amazing guide! Super knowledgeable and helpful.
Great tour to the countryside
Excellent tour. Chris was a.excellent guide. He's very informational and also a great driver. It was a nice day see…
Enjoyable and informative tour!
I enjoyed seeing where the Bronte sisters grew up seeing all the beautiful scenery of the Dales. Mark was great.
We really enjoyed our trip to Whitby, the moors and Goathland. Our favorites were Whitby Abbey and Goathland Stati…
Yorkshire Dales National Park is a must see
Wonderful experience. Stunning English countryside. So peaceful & scenic. Mark did a great job as a tour guide. Wel…
A perfect day, as usual!
I was at the beginning of the new season alone with Mark and after many dayscof wind, rain and even ice and snow, w…
Excellent tour, excellent guide.
Despite wet and blustery weather, our guide Mark ensured we had a thoroughly enjoyable day. He kept us well inform…
My friend and I had an excellent day exploring the Yorkshire dales with Mark our excellent driver and host . He was…
Yorkshire dale's trip
Really enjoyed the trip to the dales and the stops. Mark was very knowledgeable and friendly. My only complaint is …
Maria Victoria H00
Very good guide he gaves us explanations about history, culture, gastronomy...very well organised. We have visited …
Great Day in the Moors
This is the third trip I’ve taken with BOB Holidays and have had the same guide. Mark is a friendly guy who know a …
Yorkshire moors & Whitby .
Mark the driver gave us in depth knowledge of the area and ensured our needs were met . We could not have enjoyed …
Yorkshire Dales trip
Highly recommended. Our tour guide, Mark, was very knowledgeable and considerate. An enjoyable experience. Awesome!…
Moors and Dales
Did 2 trips with this company and really enjoyed both. Guides friendly, helpful and so very knowledgable about the …
- Duration: 8h 15m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from Harrogate
What time does Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from Harrogate start?
Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from Harrogate will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from Harrogate on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from Harrogate?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from Harrogate on Tripadvisor
How much is Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from Harrogate?
Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from Harrogate price starts from US$460.88. Discover and book Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from Harrogate on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from Harrogate cancellation policy?
Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from Harrogate cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Tour - Moors, Whitby & Yorkshire Steam Railway Day Trip from Harrogate on Tripadvisor