View all photos (33)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Montserrat features impressive views, legends, and landmarks, but experiencing all of this in a day can be difficult. Enjoy the undivided attention of your guide on a private tour and learn more about the mountain’s myth and geography, while visiting landmarks, such as the Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey or the peak of Sant Jeroni. Select a challenge level that suits you, and rest your feet with round-trip transport included.
- Escape Barcelona and get into the open air on an active tour of Montserrat
- Select a hiking level that suits you and your party
- Learn about the mountain’s background from your private guide
- Rest your feet after your hike with round-trip transport included
What to Expect
Begin your private tour with pickup from your Barcelona hotel by air-conditioned minivan. Meet your guide and enjoy the scenic drive as you head northwest toward Montserrat, listening to illuminating commentary about the legends associated with the landscape. Having selected a level that suits your hiking ability, begin your tour alongside your guide. On a Level 1 or 2 tour, enjoy an easy, shorter walk, before taking in views from the summit of the Sant Joan Funicular Railway (own expense). On a Level 3 or 4 tour, hike the St. Jeroni Tail to the top of Montserrat, and on a Level 5 hike, traverse across the mountain and visit the Benedictine monastery nestled in the rock face. At the end of your tour, relax as you’re driven back to Barcelona and dropped back at your hotel.
- Driver/ mountain guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Walking/hiking tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Funicular fees if it is required by customer.
- Souvenir and personal expenses (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Dress code is smart casual, trainers / sneakers or hiking boots.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Snacks, Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- The duration of transfers are approximate 45 minutes, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
22k Step Day and it felt great
My family hiked with Peter to the top of Montserrat and visited the monastery afterward. The mountain is…
Pere was an awesome person! This was our favorite thing we did on our trip to Barcelona! The hike was incredible…
Highly recommend this tour!
We loved this tour! The hike was perfect for us--about 4 hours round-trip, and very active without requiring…
Highlight of my trip to Barcelona!
I was a bit hesitate to book as I am a young women traveling alone looking to hike in another country. I am so…
Excellent day exploring the beauty of Catalonia
Efficient communication and the pick up was on time. Our guide Pere is a rock climber and hiker so he was well…
Pere was a great guide! He delivered a great balance between being high energy and informative and also giving a…
Very good day trip
I really enjoyed it, the guide was great and weather amazing! PS. It's a good workout so definitely worth it for…
Shrewsbury, New Jersey10
Wonderful day trip
Pere Sauer was a great tour guide. Fantastic hiking and extremely knowledgeable of Montserrat. Would highly…
We had the BEST day with Pere. He is so warm, knowledgeable, kind, and just good people. We are both so glad…
Fantastic day out made possible by Pere,
This is our first trip to Barcelona and we heard so much about the city as well as Montserrat. There are so many…
- Abadia de Montserrat, BarcelonaWalking, and 3 more
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207