Recommended by 95% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
- You'll start atPraça do MunicípioPraça do Município, Lisboa, PortugalIn front of the City Council building. The nearest subway station is: Baixa-Chiado (blue line).See address & details
- 1Praca do Comercio (Terreiro do Paco)Stop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Time Out Market LisboaStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 3Elevador da BicaStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Bairro AltoStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5ChiadoStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 6Rossio SquareStop: 15 minutesSee details
- You'll end atPraça Dom Pedro IVPraça Dom Pedro IV, 1100 Lisboa, Portugal(also known as Rossio square)See address & details
Praça do Município, Lisboa, Portugal
Praça Dom Pedro IV, 1100 Lisboa, Portugal
- Family and kids activities, including child-friendly explanation and information
- Private family walking tour
- Local guide
- Tram tour
- Entry/Admission - Elevador da Bica
- Hotel pickup ad drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 3 people (2 adults + 1 child or 1 adult + 2 child) per booking is required
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Although it is very interesting, the city pavement can become very irregular. Also, because the city has many sloped streets (Lisbon is known as the city of 7 hills), it might become a bit difficult for baby strollers and pushchairs. If you need to bring one, make sure it is a light, thin one. Baby carriers, back carriers or woven wraps & slings are a good option for babies and toddlers
- Make sure you and the kids wear comfortable clothes and shoes. A coat or a sweater might be useful even in summer time, because it gets cold after sunset. In summertime, don't forget to bring a hat and sunglasses for all (Lisbon is known by its fantastic bright sunlight) and make sure you apply sunscreen before starting the tour. In winter or rainy weather, don't forget to bring a raincoat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This is a really amazing walking tour. I would have liked it without kids but it was really special with them. My children are 9, 7, and 3 and the tour guide not only tailored her information towards children, she also had games and scavenger hunts to engage them for the entire…
Date of experience: November 2019
1 Helpful vote
For us, this was just okay. We did the Family Tour “Essential Lisbon”. We have two kids 4 and 6 and they had a great time, but as parents, we felt like after watching Rick Steve’s show on Lisbon, this was a pricier repeat. That’s not to say it might not be the right choice for…
Date of experience: October 2019
Response from Mariana S, Manager at Family Tour: Essential Lisbon
Responded 20 Oct 2019
Dear Saltyfamilytravels, Thank you for your review. We are sorry that we were not able to fulfill all your expectations regarding your private family tour. This tour is designed to give families a wide introduction on the main events in our history and the main symbols & icons of Lisbon and Portugal. It guides families through some of the most emblematic quarters in Lisbon (Baixa, Ribeira, Bica, Bairro Alto and Chiado), including a tram ride on the steepest hill. Our tours are aimed for families with children aged 6-12 years old (bringing together a range of fun and educational activities highlighting the history and culture of the city in a light-hearted and child friendly manner) but as you said, younger children are also engaged and do have fun. Our tours are also targeted for parents, not only because parents are involved in the family activities but because our guides try to share interesting facts and contents, according and adapted to the parents personal interests. One last final note to clarify that we are conviced that walking is the best way to get to know a city (especially Lisbon) and that we have developed this tour in order to cover the most and the best (and sometimes the less known) places within the visited neighborhoods, with a total walked distance of about 2 miles. Please let us know if you ever come back to Lisbon (with or without the kids) so that we can have the opportunity to exceed Rick Steve ;) All the best, Mariana & Team
We had a very enjoyable 3 hour walk with Mariana. She kept our 6 year old engaged the whole time with little games and tasks while also passing on many interesting facts, history and stories of Lisbon. Highly recommended for families with kids.
Date of experience: August 2019
1 Helpful vote
We booked the Essential Lisbon 3 hour walking tour with our two children, aged 7 and 9. We arranged this for the first morning of our visit in Lisbon and we all enjoyed it. Mariana provides such insight into all areas of Lisbon life, its history and geography. In particular…
2 Helpful votes
We did two tours with Mariana, Essential Lisbon and a tour of Pena Palace in Sintra. Our children are 5 and 8 and Mariana did an amazing job engaging with them and keeping their attention throughout the tours. They both loved the scavenger hunts and learned a lot! We highly…
Date of experience: July 2019
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Little Lisbon - Lisbon for Kids
An Excellent Introduction & Delicious Too
We did the food tour the morning we arrived with our 5 year old & 18 month old. Tbh the 18 month old was there for …
We booked the “Genuine Lisbon” tour for our family with two kids (9 year old boy and a 4 year old girl). Our guide,…
Lovely, easy introduction to Lisbon
We so enjoyed this experience. It was easy to organize, a relaxing, interesting, and fun day for the whole family. …
Highly recommend a tour with Little Lisbon!
Our family of 4 (6.5 and 8 year old) did a half day walking tour (Genuine Lisbon) plus the Castle on our recent tri…
Amazing Guide -- The High Point of Our Vacation
Mariana was spectacular as she guided us on a private tour over two days, including Belem Tower, the Monastery of J…
Nice guided tour
It was a nice and well organised guided tour friendly for kids. Our 5 years old daughter could attend, but the tour…
We know Lisbon relatively well as adults, but thought we would benefit from a little help in engaging our 10 and 13…
It was a fun, informative, & entertaining afternoon for me and my family. There were 7 of us (2 adults & 5 kids ran…
Sea Heroes Tour
We had a great time on the Sea Heroes tour! Mariana was entertaining and patient with my daughter and we all learn…
Great private family tours
We did the Essential Lisbon walking tour and the Belvederes tuk tuk tour, and our children and we had the best time…
We had a 10,9 and 7 year old. Everyone including parents had a great time. A great wayto start your visit to Lisbo…
Fascinating and memorable tours of Lisbon!
Our family was fortunate to take two tours with Little Lisbon. One to Quinta da Regaleira in Sintra and another wal…
Perfect tour, super friendly guide
Our family of 5 really enjoyed a tour of the Alfama and Mouraria neighborhoods with Little Lisbon. We only had one …
We had a great time. Our guide, Rita was amazing. She is very knowledgeable and friendly. Our son wants to come bac…
Visit to Lisbon
We did the 3 hour private tour of Lisbon with Mariana. Amazing tour guide, very knowledgeable and kept my kids inv…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
from SGD 126.91*
Popular: Booked by 10,210 travellers!
from SGD 144.93*
Popular: Booked by 932 travellers!
from SGD 123.52*
Popular: Booked by 19,048 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Family Tour: Essential Lisbon
Which attractions will I visit with Family Tour: Essential Lisbon?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Family Tour: Essential Lisbon on Tripadvisor
How much is Family Tour: Essential Lisbon?
Family Tour: Essential Lisbon price starts from S$80.63. Discover and book Family Tour: Essential Lisbon on Tripadvisor
What is the Family Tour: Essential Lisbon cancellation policy?
Family Tour: Essential Lisbon cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Family Tour: Essential Lisbon on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Family Tour: Essential Lisbon?
Family Tour: Essential Lisbon is hosted by Little Lisbon - Lisbon for Kids. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Little Lisbon - Lisbon for Kids on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Family Tour: Essential Lisbon on Tripadvisor