View all photos (8)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Sunday is special in Athens, in the morning the streets are quiet. Its lovely to see families out together and friends meeting to just enjoy a coffee, a meal or take a stroll downtown. A morning walk under the shadow of the Acropolis. Discover the most picturesque neighbourhood of Athens, Plaka.Enjoy a fragrant greek coffee before we explore Monastiraki’s famous flea market and Psyrri. In fact, it’s the day when the flea market really is a flea market and not just a collection of small shops. A pleasant stroll as we taste our way through authentic local shops, discovering vibrant, colourful markets and the best-hidden food gems.It is always nice to visit old shops that they pass from generatios, places where locals cherish. During our walk, we will talk about the origins of the recipes and history of gastronomy before we arrive at an old local tavern, for a long tasting of the best traditional Greek dishes. We will finish the tour with the real greek yogurt with raw honey, since 1930
You'll start at
Makrigianni 15, Athina 117 42, Greeceyou will meet your guide Vivian at Akropolis METRO station , exit Dionisiou Areopaghitou . On the top of the escalators at Makriyianni street , east side entrance of Acropolis museum Look for "Sunday in Athens food tour" sign
See address & details
- Pass by PlakaPass by MonastirakiPass by PsyriPass by Kotzia Square
You'll end at
Athens 104 31, GreeceOmonoia metro station by the metro exit/entrance "Mar. Kotopouli" at Omonoia square
See address & details
Makrigianni 15, Athina 117 42, Greece
Omonia, Athens 104 31, Greece
- aa bottle of mineral water is been offered in the beginning for every single participant
- sesame sweet bread "koulouri","loukoumades" just fried heavenly airy doughnuts drizzled with honey and cinnamon
- A fragrant slowly brewed coffee paired with a bite-size flavoured lukum and spoon sweets.
- Greek traditional pies with creative fillings, spinach pie with feta cheese. bougatsa sweet custard pie sprinkled with icing sugar. Greek yoghurt with wild honey from the most remote mountains.
- old local tavern since 1970’s for a selection of mezedes (traditional Greek dishes), authentic recipes
- local wine and aromatic ouzo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- something extra from what is been offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- kindly as you may inform us of any health restrictions
- Kindly let us know of any Food Restrictions and Food Allergies
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Bespoke Authentic Food Tours
Loved this food tour!
Vivan was THE BEST!!!! Our tour was informative, fun and delicious! I HIGHLY recommend Vivian's tours. You will no…
Incredible Food and Drink tour
Vivian was a wonderful host at her tour.We feel as a real locals with visiting places where locals do.Greek traditi…
Amazing 'Secret Athens Food Tour' - with the delightful Vivian
I did this with a small tour group and we had the most fabulous time. Vivian is lively, vivacious and a wonderfully…
Vivian is Fabulous
A friend recommended Vivian’s authentic Greek food tours after they had visited earlier in the summer. Vivian was…
Amazing introduction to Greek Cuisine
My husband and I were in Athens before leaving on a cruise and we spent one evening with Vivian eating our way thro…
A wonderful way to explore Athens & simultaneously learn about Greek cuisine!
As I have already been to Athens a couple of times before, I was on the lookout for something a little bit differen…
Excellent introduction to downtown Athens!
I met Viviane with my partner and our two mothers last month after we booked the Old Athens tour. She is a highly m…
Highly informed, fun foodie afternoon!
Vivian was highly recommended by close friends and their parents who spent an afternoon with her the prior summer. …
Authentic eats in Athens!
Our group of six women visiting Athens for the first time had an amazing tour with Vivian of Bespoke Food Tours....…
Delicious food, informative walk, fabulous guide!
Vivian is knowledgable and energetic with an infectious enthusiasm and an obvious love for Greek food and culture. …
Amazing and authentic to the core!
I was visiting Athens with coworkers in October for a conference and decided to take the Secret Athens Food Tour. I…
Amazing food and Insight into Greek Culture!
This is a must experience for a deeper understanding of Greek history and culture through food. Vivian's enthusiasm…
Highlight of our trip to Athens!
This is an absolute must-do for anyone visiting Athens! Vivian is such a joy to spend the day with! I cannot recomm…
Learn Athens thru Food
Anyone going to Greece should start their trip with Vivian! She provides a full view of Athens that leaves you feel…
Local knowledge at its best
Travelling with our group “ Tours for Women ,” the lovely Vivian took our group of Australian ladies on a magical …
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
from $48.02* $52.32
Popular: Booked by 1,206 travellers!
from $125.56* $156.95
Popular: Booked by 1,655 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 3,645 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Sunday food tour in Athens
What time does Sunday food tour in Athens start?
Sunday food tour in Athens will start at 11:00 AM. Discover and book Sunday food tour in Athens on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Sunday food tour in Athens?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Sunday food tour in Athens on Tripadvisor
How much is Sunday food tour in Athens?
Sunday food tour in Athens price starts from US$146.42. Discover and book Sunday food tour in Athens on Tripadvisor
What is the Sunday food tour in Athens cancellation policy?
Sunday food tour in Athens cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Sunday food tour in Athens on Tripadvisor