View all photos (8)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Old Athens food tour a great walk full of colours, flavours, smells around the narrow streets of Athens. Experience of discovering the best local hidden foodie spots. Authentic old family-run shops that they pass on for generations. Visit Varvakeios agora: a vibrant fish, meat and vegetable market. Voices and laughter filling the roads and sidewalks around them, bringing nature’s best – right to you.Over the course of 3,5 hours of the old Athens food tour, you will have the chance to explore the city beyond guidebooks.Taste traditional recipes and learn the history of gastronomy around mediterranea. An urban tapestry that will bring you closer to the real beauty of Athens in every shop, in every bite.
You'll start at
Pl. Monastirakiou 12
Pl. Monastirakiou 12, Athina 105 55, Greeceyou will meet your guide Vivian at Monastiraki metro station (exit Monastiraki square), inside the station, at the ticket hall, next to the ticket machines. Look for Authentic Old Athens food tour sign
See address & details
- 1MonastirakiStop: 5 minutes - Admission excludedSee detailsPass by Psirri
- 2Varvakios Central MarketStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee detailsPass by Kotzia SquarePass by Omonoia, Athens
You'll end at
Omonoia Metro Station
Omonoia 75, Athina 104 31, GreeceOmonoia metro station by the metro exit/entrance "Mar. Kotopouli" at Omonoia square
See address & details
Pl. Monastirakiou 12, Athina 105 55, Greece
Omonoia Metro Station, Omonoia 75, Athina 104 31, Greece
- Greek traditional pies with creative fillings, spinach pie with feta cheese.bougatsa sweet custard pie sprinkled with icing sugar. Traditional Greek yoghurt with wild honey from remote mountains
- A fragrant slowly brewed coffee paired with a bite-size flavoured lukum and spoon sweets.
- old local tavern since 1970’s for a selection of mezedes (traditional Greek dishes), authentic recipes
- local wine and aromatic ouzo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- something extra from what is been offered
- Entry/Admission - Monastiraki
- Entry/Admission - Varvakios Central Market
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- kindly as you may inform us of any health restrictions
- Kindly let us know of any Food Restrictions and Food Allergies
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Bespoke Authentic Food Tours
Incredible Food and Drink tour
Vivian was a wonderful host at her tour.We feel as a real locals with visiting places where locals do.Greek traditi…
Amazing 'Secret Athens Food Tour' - with the delightful Vivian
I did this with a small tour group and we had the most fabulous time. Vivian is lively, vivacious and a wonderfully…
Vivian is Fabulous
A friend recommended Vivian’s authentic Greek food tours after they had visited earlier in the summer. Vivian was…
Amazing introduction to Greek Cuisine
My husband and I were in Athens before leaving on a cruise and we spent one evening with Vivian eating our way thro…
A wonderful way to explore Athens & simultaneously learn about Greek cuisine!
As I have already been to Athens a couple of times before, I was on the lookout for something a little bit differen…
Excellent introduction to downtown Athens!
I met Viviane with my partner and our two mothers last month after we booked the Old Athens tour. She is a highly m…
Highly informed, fun foodie afternoon!
Vivian was highly recommended by close friends and their parents who spent an afternoon with her the prior summer. …
Authentic eats in Athens!
Our group of six women visiting Athens for the first time had an amazing tour with Vivian of Bespoke Food Tours....…
Delicious food, informative walk, fabulous guide!
Vivian is knowledgable and energetic with an infectious enthusiasm and an obvious love for Greek food and culture. …
Amazing and authentic to the core!
I was visiting Athens with coworkers in October for a conference and decided to take the Secret Athens Food Tour. I…
Amazing food and Insight into Greek Culture!
This is a must experience for a deeper understanding of Greek history and culture through food. Vivian's enthusiasm…
Highlight of our trip to Athens!
This is an absolute must-do for anyone visiting Athens! Vivian is such a joy to spend the day with! I cannot recomm…
Learn Athens thru Food
Anyone going to Greece should start their trip with Vivian! She provides a full view of Athens that leaves you feel…
Local knowledge at its best
Travelling with our group “ Tours for Women ,” the lovely Vivian took our group of Australian ladies on a magical …
True local experience and showcase of sole proprietorship
We did the Old Athens walking tour. It was the right amount of time and was incredibly filling (and tasty!). Vivian…
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
from $48.02* $52.32
Popular: Booked by 1,201 travellers!
from $125.56* $156.95
Popular: Booked by 1,650 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 3,642 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Authentic Old Athens food tour
What time does Authentic Old Athens food tour start?
Authentic Old Athens food tour will start at 2:00 PM. Discover and book Authentic Old Athens food tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Authentic Old Athens food tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Authentic Old Athens food tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Authentic Old Athens food tour?
Authentic Old Athens food tour price starts from US$92.15. Discover and book Authentic Old Athens food tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Authentic Old Athens food tour cancellation policy?
Authentic Old Athens food tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Authentic Old Athens food tour on Tripadvisor