Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (8)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You'll start at
Wild Nordic Finland Safari Center
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Wild Nordic FinlandStop: 2 hours -Our guide will meet you in our office to provide all necessary instructions and outfit for the tour.Read more
You'll end at
Wild Nordic Finland Safari Center
Joulupukintie 1, 96930 Rovaniemi, Finland-Coming with your own transport you can meet us at our Safari Center, which is located opposite Santa Claus Village in the same location as Neste petrol station.
See address & details
Wild Nordic Finland Safari Center, Joulupukintie 1, 96930 Rovaniemi, Finland
Returns to original departure point
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- It is the customer’s responsibility to know basic English in order to understand the instructions. If the customer does not understand any of the instructions, Wild Nordic shall reserve the right to refuse the customer ́s participation based on safety concerns and necessity to communicate in English during any emergency situation.
- All the pick-up times are subject to a 15-minute difference depending on the other participants joining the tours. Customers shall wait for their pick-up in the hotel reception area (or such other area as notified by Wild Nordic)
- No refund of the tours will be made if the customer misses the pick up services as a result of failing to wait at the designated pick-up area. Wild Nordic has the right to charge reasonable expenses arising from such neglect to follow the timetable of the program.
- Customers are highly encouraged to purchase personal travel insurance (which covers insurance for the activities to be participated)
- Wild Nordic shall not be responsible for any valuables of the customers left in the public area while participating in the activities.
- Reservations: Tour reservation is considered confirmed when you receive a written confirmation including confirmation number from Wild Nordic. All bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by e-mail to Wild Nordic during business days on Monday - Friday at 09.00-16.00 Finnish time, minimum one day
- Please note: the northern lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the tour. The tour date can be moved free of charge once (depending on availability, excl. group reservations), please contact email@example.com by 16.00 on the original date.
- Most travellers can participate
- If you feel that there is anything that Wild Nordic needs to know that is not covered here, please provide further details.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Very expensive sleigh ride through the forest. There were no northern lights visible which we expected, but there was no offer of a drink or anything. Also the “warm” blankets in the sleigh had been left out in the snow and ice so they were very cold and icy. A very ordinary…
Date of experience: December 2019
1 Helpful vote
They are very professional, the equipment is very well, they have all the sizes. Pedro, our guide was the best!!! He did everything he could to get us to see the northern lights, very nice and with a lot of knowledge. I highly recommended it!
Response from Annekreet, Director of Sales at Northern Lights Sleigh Ride
Responded 8 Jan 2019
Dear 560manuelae, Thank you for your kind words and comments! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed the tour with Pedro. :) Very warm greetings from Lapland,
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Wild Nordic Finland
We had a fantastic experience on this trip. Dom was our guide and exceeded all expectations, he was very helpful w…
We did the dog sledding last February and it was a very nice experience! These dogs are very well cared and you can…
Honestly, we were very nervous. But it was phenomenal and actually my best adventure in Rovaniemi. The thrill and b…
We did the 8hrs snowmobile safari and we had an amazing day ! We really appreciated our guide, Sasha, who was incr…
Snowmobiling, reindeer, and huskies
Definitely a lot of fun, snowmobile trail was a bit challenging with all the previous tracks. The animals, shops, …
Great guide (Dominic) led the tour brilliantly and helped make for a great afternoon out. Surprisingly long time on…
an excellent adventure
We did the 8hour snowmobile safari with ice-fishing. It was a very nice experience. Our guide was Yngve. He was ver…
Great experience! Special thanks to the wonderful instructor who was very professional and ensured fun and safe tr…
The complete package of wild Nordic Finland is recommended. The great experience, the joy, pleasures and great tri…
Great tours with Wild Nordic Finland !
We booked a husky safari and the visit of reindeer farm and both of these experiences were great ! The husky safari…
This tour is amazing and was by far the best tour we did in Lapland! We were taken down an incredible and scenic ro…
Great Snowmobile Tour
Myself & my partner went on a snowmobile ride into the forest today!! Absolutely amazing, our guide a Norwegian guy…
Northern Lights Flight
Let me first start out by saying that we did see the lights. There would not have been another chance because of t…
Great fun and everything taken care of.
This was our first stop where we were kitted out with thermal clothing and boots for the duration of our stay, they…
As two pretty sedentary older women, we had fun on the Snowshoe/Northern Lights hike.
I was looking for an outdoor experience that would be easy for me and not something I had ever done or would be lik…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Nature and Wildlife
Frequently Asked Questions about Northern Lights Sleigh Ride
What time does Northern Lights Sleigh Ride start?
Northern Lights Sleigh Ride will start at 8:00 PM. Discover and book Northern Lights Sleigh Ride on Tripadvisor
How much is Northern Lights Sleigh Ride?
Northern Lights Sleigh Ride price starts from US$111.47. Discover and book Northern Lights Sleigh Ride on Tripadvisor
What is the Northern Lights Sleigh Ride cancellation policy?
Northern Lights Sleigh Ride cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Northern Lights Sleigh Ride on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Northern Lights Sleigh Ride?
Northern Lights Sleigh Ride is hosted by Wild Nordic Finland. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Wild Nordic Finland on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Northern Lights Sleigh Ride on Tripadvisor