View all photos (20)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- Small group tour for a more personalized experience
- A dry-suit dive in Silfra Fissure
- All necessary dive equipment
- Certified dive-master
- Diving between the 2 continents
- Reykjavik pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years old
- Please note that PADI open water license or comparable is required to be able to participate in this tour. As all dives are performed in a dry suit, it is required to have a dry-suit certification or at least 10 logged drysuit dives to be able to join the tour.
- Divers must supply their sizes of suit upon booking. It is recommended that your most recent dive has been within the last 2 years before diving in Silfra, as this dive is rated as a challenging dive.
- Since you will be wearing snorkeling/dive mask to see underwater, there can be nothing in the way of the seal to keep them from filling up with water; That is, you cannot wear glasses underneath the mask; you will have to go without them, so wear contact lenses or bring your own goggles with prescription.
- Please note: This is a challenging dive where you need to be capable of carrying heavy equipment up to 1300ft (400m).
- As divers are aware, it is strongly advised to wait 24 hours after diving to fly.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
OMGoddess what an amazing experience. Our guide Robert got us geared up and prepared us for a lifetime opportunity to swim in COLD freshwater with deep visibility and blues and greens and browns that was stunning to witness. Robert helped me laugh through my fear of the cold…
Date of experience: February 2020
We booked a trip with our dive shop in the US. We had Kuba and Louis as guides for the week. They made the trip phenomenal! Our expectations were exceeded, and I can't wait to come back! The diving in Iceland is truly amazing!!! Thank you very much for a memorable trip! We…
Date of experience: July 2019
Response from Erika A, Marketing assistant at Silfra Fissure Freshwater Scuba Diving Tour From Reykjavik
Responded 24 Sep 2019
We can't wait for you to come back too! Thanks a lot for your amazing review. We are very happy to hear that you had a memorable trip.
Snorkeling in Silfra Fissure was one of the highlights of our trip for sure. The water is so clear, you can see everything around you like you're above water. Our guide Steve was awesome and helped make our experience great. He was attentive and helpful, and interested in where…
Date of experience: September 2018
This was such a great experience, seeing the fissure from that perspective was just incredible. Our tour guide, Steve, was very helpful, funny, and organized. Everything with him was done quick and he hustled us so we could go first which was definitely worth it. Would…
In my day job I'm a geologist, so this dive has been on my bucket list a long time. In order to be competent and comfortable on this dive I completed the SSI Dry Suit diving specialty before going to Iceland. I booked the Silfra dive with Arctic Adventures, and that was a…
Date of experience: April 2018
Response from Larissa W, Customer Service at Silfra Fissure Freshwater Scuba Diving Tour From Reykjavik
Responded 20 Jun 2018
Dear zeke1177, Thank you very much for leaving this review, it made us very happy to read this! Silfra is a fascinating environment for most anyone, but for a geologist this continental fissure is an absolute treasure. You certainly went a long way in getting a dry suit certification specifically for this dive, and it is very good to hear that you feel it was all worth it. We certainly loved to welcome you on our tour! In an environment like this a more experienced and well prepared driver will have an easier time in enjoying the tour than a beginner, but as long as they hold a dry suit certification or a minimum of 10 logged dry-suit dives, anyone is welcome on this tour. Otherwise, we agree with you that the snorkeling tour is a great alternative! We do hope you will get a chance to spend some more time in Iceland in the future, this country holds so many interesting places for geologists and we would love to show you some more of them! All the best, Arctic Adventures
- Thingvellir National Park, Arctic Adventures
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207