View all photos (72)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price Guarantee
Get to know Vienna on a walking tour that’s perfect for first-time visitors. As you explore, see standout sights, such as St. Stephen’s Cathedral, and discover the history behind them. Listen to commentary from a local guide and ask as many questions as you like while you walk; group numbers are capped at just 15 people for a more interactive and laid-back tour.
You'll start at
Burgring 5, 1010 Wien, AustriaMaria-Theresien-Platz, Burgring, 1010, Vienna. We meet next to the monument of Empress Maria Theresia ( HER FACE SIDE) , Guide will hold a green sign.
See address & details
- 1Maria Theresien SquareStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 2Maria Theresia DenkmalStop: 5 minutes -See details
- 3RingstrasseStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 4BurgtorStop: 1 minute -See details
- 5HeldenplatzStop: 2 minutes -See details
- 6Neue BurgStop: 15 minutes -See detailsPass by Bundeskanzleramt Oesterreich
- 7The HofburgStop: 10 minutes -See detailsPass by Sisi Museum
- 8VolksgartenStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 9MichaelerplatzStop: 5 minutes -See details
- 10Demel MuseumStop: 5 minutes -See details
See 7 more stops
You'll end at
Stephansplatz, 1010 Wien, AustriaMost central square of Vienna, Cathedral is located here.
See address & details
- Find Vienna’s landmarks without losing your way on the bustling streets
- Discover the best photo spots by landmarks, such as Hofburg Palace
- Learn about the architecture and history of Vienna and its beloved sights
- Enjoy a small-group experience with more interaction between guide and group
What to Expect
From Maria-Theresien-Platz, stroll with your guide and small group around Ringstrasse. The beautiful boulevard in central Vienna is home to some of the city’s most significant monuments, including the Austrian Parliament and Vienna City Hall. As you chat about the city, head onward through Volksgarten’s blooms, passing Heldenplatz and the striking Hofburg Palace. Hear tales of emperors as you admire Burggarten and the Imperial Butterfly House, and stories of Napoleon at the Augustinian Church. Other highlights include the Vienna State Opera, the shopping hot spot of the Graben, and, of course, St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Here, bid your guide goodbye as the tour ends.
Maria-Theresien-Platz, Burgring 5, 1010 Wien, Austria
Stephansplatz, 1010 Wien, Austria
- Local certified tour guide
- Vienna's historic centre walking tour. Tour duration is 2 - 2.5 hours
- English only tour
- Food & drinks
- Please keep in mind our tour does not visit the inside of any museum.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tours will be held in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please keep in mind our tour does not visit inside of any museums
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This tour was one of the best walking tours I've done. Dace our tour guide was excellent. She was very knowledgeable & really engaging. We had a small group which was great as we were able to ask many questions. The tour comprised a great mix of history and obscure facts I.e.…
Dace was a wonderful tour guide, very knowledgeable about Vienna and it's history. The pace was good and not rushed and some of the route was a bit off the beaten path. I had listened to the free Rick Steve's city walk and wish I had done this one sooner since she suggested so…
Date of experience: March 2020
Absolutely wonderful experience with our guide throughout the walking tour , gave us so much history and information and brought humour into it when she could , it was a pleasure to be with her and Iwe would highly recommend her 👍🏻👍🏻
Date of experience: February 2020
This was our second visit in Vienna, and we certainly learned a lot from Dace. She is knowledgeable and attentive and showed us many hidden gems in this wonderful city. The tour was two and a half hours, and every thing was well planned and well presented.
Date of experience: January 2020
A very informative and well presented tour in a nice small group. The pace was relaxed but we covered a lot of ground, including all the essentials of central Vienna. Thoroughly recommended.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Dace Scharf - Vienna Tour Guide
Excellent guided tour
My wife and I booked this walking tour of Vienna based on the positive Trip Advisor reviews and we were not dissapo…
Fascinating insight to Vienna
Really pleased we booked this tour for the first morning of a 5 day visit to Vienna. It gave a really good overview…
Vienna city walk
Walking tour at a good pace visiting all the sites by a guide with a good sense of humour. Recommended.
Charming, personable, and knowledgeable
Dace was great. She clearly loves this city and I actually think it helped that she was not a native Viennese in so…
Very good guide
We participate on the mcoorning vienna classic walk. The guide was very informative and kind. She has exellent know…
There is no better way to see Vienna then on a walking tour! We went on our walking the day we arrived with Dace an…
Was a great tour with great insight keep It up Keep the tour up and give more even more insight as this helps kee…
A fantastic walking tour - highly recommend!
We loved our walking tour with Dace. I was traveling with my parents (both in their mid-60s), and we wanted a tour …
Excellent small group tour!
Dace is super adaptable , knowledgeable , witty and friendly. We had a quick unexpected rain shower, so she quickly…
Dace is wonderful
Dace is a terrific guide .. finding her meeting place was easy and she's a very nice person ... she took her time a…
7 hour private tour with Dace
To maximize our time in Vienna - we booked Dace for private tour, 7 hours - 2 people. She tailored tour to my reque…
The gardens and palace are glorious
Everything about this place is impressive. We did our own thing and hoped on a train in Vienna. It was very easy to…
Nice walk with Dace in Vienna (Daceと巡るウィーン散歩)
It was nice two hours to walk around Vienna with her. She explained well with pictures, too. I highly recommend thi…
Fantastic walking tour
We went on the tour with Dace today. She was very knowledgeable and gave a very good insight to the history of Vien…
Palace was packed. Gardens were great & free
We did the palace tour at the allotted time 15:14 (not 15:10 or 15:15). Even so we were swamped at one point by a s…
- Duration: 2h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207