View all photos (23)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
This single-city sightseeing tour hits all of Adelaide's highlights, including the North Terrace, St. Peter's Cathedral, and a chocolate tasting at Haigh's Chocolates. Or, opt to upgrade your day's experience with some add-ons: a cruise on the Torrens River and/or admission to Adelaide Zoo. For travelers with a short time in Adelaide, this excursion includes a diverse combination of activities for a comprehensive city experience.
You'll start at
Adelaide Central Bus Station Franklin St
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass by Gray Line Adelaide Day ToursPass by Victoria Square/ TarntanyanggaPass by ChinatownPass by Beehive Corner BuildingPass by Rundle MallPass by North TerracePass by River Torrens Linear Park TrailPass by Parliament HousePass by State Library of South AustraliaPass by Holy Trinity Church, Adelaide
- 1Haigh's Chocolates Visitor CentreAdmission includedSee details
- 2St Peter's CathedralSee detailsPass by Adelaide Oval
- 3Light's Vision at Montefiore HillStop: 10 minutes -See detailsPass by Adelaide Zoo
You'll end at
Stop AO19 King William Rd - West side
Adelaide SA 5000, AustraliaTour will finish at either the Adelaide Central Bus Station or there will be a drop off in Elder Park on King William Road if you are doing the option with the River Cruise. The Cruise is the Pop-Eye at the jetty.
See address & details
- Comprehensive city sightseeing tour with in-depth guide commentary
- Torrens River cruise provides scenic riverbank and local wildlife views
- Add-on Adelaide Zoo admission grants access to the popular panda exhibit
- Pickup at Adelaide hotels makes for a convenient start to the day
What to Expect
Begin your tour with convenient hotel pickup, which allows for stress-free door-to-door service. This carefully curated tour of Adelaide's highlights will allow you to see the most important city landmarks in a short amount of time. Set out for North Terrace, home to many of Adelaide’s historical landmarks and memorials, and disembark for a stroll down Rundle Mall. Accompanied by your guide’s engaging commentary, visit sites such as St. Peter’s Cathedral and Haigh’s Chocolates for a sampling accompanied by included coffee or tea. Then move on to other sites such as Montefiore Hill, The Terraces, Parliament House, Victoria Square, and Trinity Church. End your tour on King William Street; from there you can continue exploring on your own with some pointers from your guide. Opt to add on the Torrens River cruise that allows you to enjoy city views from the water and see some of the river’s wildlife. For an even more in-depth Australian wildlife experience, add on admission to the Adelaide Zoo as well, including a timed-entry ticket to the very popular panda exhibit, which can sell out if you don’t have tickets in advance. The cruise drops off right at a jetty in front of the zoo.
Adelaide Central Bus Station Franklin St, 83 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Stop AO19 King William Rd - West side, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Professional Commentary by Driver/Guide
- Premium Air-Conditioned Touring Coach
- Hotel pickup
- Chocolate samples at Haigh's (not open on Sundays)
- River cruise (if option selected)
- Adelaide Zoo Admission (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Haigh's Chocolates Visitor Centre
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated as long as the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them with boarding and disembarking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Haigh's Chocolates is not available on Sundays
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The coach trip was very good and informative. The optional river cruise was a bit disappointing. The commentary couldn't be heard and we felt the trip was a bit overpriced for what it was.
Date of experience: January 2020
City tour was as expected. Adelaide is not a large city but its history is very interesting. We found ourselves listening to the very informative driver/guide. The river cruise was very relaxed and you could do without. The zoo was the highlight for our family.
Date of experience: October 2019
The bus tour was avery good with the driver/ guide informative and interesting. Just enough stops to feel like you'd had a morning out. Sadly it was Sunday so the Chocolate stop wasn't available. The Torrens River Cruise was the highlight of the day; the boat master/ guide was…
Date of experience: September 2019
We did this tour on a Wednesday morning and found it to be ok. The bus was quite noisy at times and there was a grinding sound coming from the back. The commentary was ok but had quite monotone delivery. We made 2 stops, St Peter’s Cathedral and Haighs Chocolate factory. We had…
Date of experience: October 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Gray Line Adelaide Day Tours
Good, But Could Be Really Good
Overall we were quite satisfied with this trip. Just keep in mind you spend about 50% on the coach, and not much ti…
excellent tour to Barossa and Hahndorf
Tour guide/driver Gary was excellent in his historical and geographical knowledge of every aspect of the trip itine…
Nice, Relaxed, Evening Cruise down the Murray
Had an awesome evening on the Murray. On board Entertainment was amazing, Drinks weren't too expensive, Food was no…
Excellent value with a mine of information from our guide Gary
Punctual, efficient pick ups and comfortable sight seeing tour with a small group. Our guide Gary gave a wonderful …
Full Day Tour
I took the full day tour with Gray Line. In the morning we stopped at Trinity church and the chocolate factory. T…
Overall a nice trip Would recommend to others Bus driver very informative Everything was proffesional
Murray riverboat tour - review
Our tour didn’t get off to an ideal start as there was confusion as to where the tour was to begin. My e-ticket sta…
Nightmare with Gray Line Tour
Booked with Gray Line tour on 11th Dec for city highlights, Adelaide Hills, Handorf tour. End up with horrible expe…
Wine tasting and Hahndorf
Booked this tour through Flight Centre Gold Coast. We were picked up from our Hotel in Glenelg and taken to the dep…
Fantastic day..our bus driver John was so informative explained everything along the way...wineries were lovely lun…
A good day tour
We enjoyed this day tour to Barossa & Hahndorf. The first leg Lyndoch seemed to take a long time and the comfort & …
Very nice day
I had a lovely day of wine tastings and general exploration with guide, Hank. The countryside was beautiful, and th…
Great day out on the Murray
We had a good day showcasing the South Australian rural country side, the river cruise was informative regarding th…
Enjoyed the trip
Comfortable bus, Driver Gary gave great commentary, very knowledgeable, very personable. Wineries tastings excellen…
Relaxing 4 days
Great food, outstanding staff, very relaxing with with grat scenery & interseting off boat experiences. You must ta…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 496 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,056 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 181 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 374 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 696 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Adelaide City Tour with optional River Cruise and Adelaide Zoo Admission
What time does Adelaide City Tour with optional River Cruise and Adelaide Zoo Admission start?
Adelaide City Tour with optional River Cruise and Adelaide Zoo Admission will start at 9:15 AM. Discover and book Adelaide City Tour with optional River Cruise and Adelaide Zoo Admission on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Adelaide City Tour with optional River Cruise and Adelaide Zoo Admission?
How much is Adelaide City Tour with optional River Cruise and Adelaide Zoo Admission?
Adelaide City Tour with optional River Cruise and Adelaide Zoo Admission price starts from US$51.59. Discover and book Adelaide City Tour with optional River Cruise and Adelaide Zoo Admission on Tripadvisor
What is the Adelaide City Tour with optional River Cruise and Adelaide Zoo Admission cancellation policy?
Adelaide City Tour with optional River Cruise and Adelaide Zoo Admission cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Adelaide City Tour with optional River Cruise and Adelaide Zoo Admission on Tripadvisor