View all photos (14)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
12 Tamaki Dr, Auckland 1071, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Use of double sea kayak
- All necessary specialist kayaking safety equipment
- Experienced guide (with ratio of 1 guide per 8 kayakers)
- A guided walk to the top of Rangitoto
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Minimum age for this tour is 16 years
- Adult pricing applies to all kayakers on this tour
- Not recommended for pregnant women or people with back problems
- Kayaking to Rangitoto requires a moderate degree of fitness and there is some walking involved
- Clothing suitable for kayaking is required, including shorts, t-shirt, warm top, leggings (particularly in winter). Please do not wear denim, long pants (not even rolled up) or ¾ pants
- All kayak tours are subject to favorable weather and sea conditions. If a tour is cancelled due to poor weather or sea conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
After years of wanting to do it - I finally got up the courage to do the Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour. The first thing I need to say is you must be at least moderately fit to do this. The next six hours will see you getting a whole body workout, up body…
Date of experience: January 2018
1 Helpful vote
Response from Fergs K, Manager at Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour
Responded 20 Jan 2018
Thanks Mark for your fantastic revue. WE certainly had a great trip and were blessed with ideal weather conditions on the day. We love the feedback and hope that you and your friends will come kayaking with us again in the future.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Fergs Kayaks Auckland
Good value, staff not very helpful
Me and my friends wanted to go paddle boarding as we had never done it before. The main guy when we went in was rea…
Paddle board for intellectually disabled
I was so taken back, by this man's attitude. It was all about money. I wanted to take my two students paddle boardi…
Thank you Levi for the awesome trip from St. Helier's Bay to Browns Island. My tour guide Levi was patient (I hav…
My son and I are beginners and this trip were enough for us. The instructor were nice and North Head was a nice pla…
Our tour guide on the water was excellent always checking on me due to my arthritis in my elbows and stopping to ta…
Cancelled last minute
I booked a day trip to Rangitoto with a kayak hike experience well in advance after it came recommended (about two …
We love Ferg's!
We did an all day guided trip with Ferg's to Rangototo Isalnd with a hike ot he top, lunch and a kayak there and ba…
Awesome day in the Huaraki Gulf!
This was a 9 am to 4 PM adventure. It was a beatiful day and it gave us some exercise, but not so much that we wer…
Fergs is Awasome
Me and my son I hired bikes for 1 hour beautiful scenery. The bikes were brand new & very easy to ride , very reas…
A Bespoke Tour to Rangitoto for Dinner then Brown's Island for Breakfast
Paul and the crew were extremely accommodating with a demanding crew of paddlers from Sydney. They went well beyond…
Guided Sunset kayak to Rangitoto Island
An excellent tour worth every penny.Anyone can do this because the tandem kayaks are very stable, the slowest paddl…
Well equiped Kayak shop
Great location, lots of roadside parking, storage area and shower. Good stock level of kayaks and SUPs, even on day…
My 11 year old & I hired bikes for 1 hour on lovely sunny day. The bikes were virtually brand new & very easy to ri…
Whats not to love!
Amazing knowledgable and friendly staff with great rental equipment! The Rangitoto Tour is a pencil of Auckland act…
Fantastic SUP board lesson
Had a fantastic 1 hour SUP board lesson with Oscar. So pleased that we had a lesson before buying a board as the te…
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,667 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour
How much is Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour?
Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour price starts from US$117.77. Discover and book Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour cancellation policy?
Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour?
Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour is hosted by Fergs Kayaks Auckland. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Fergs Kayaks Auckland on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour on Tripadvisor