Reserve Now & Pay Later
Waitomo Glowworms Caves Small Group Adventure from Auckland
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (11)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Waitomo Glowworm CavesStop: 4 hours - Admission includedOn this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our modern, comfortable minivans and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside on a fully guided journey to the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves.During the journey to Waitomo you will encounter New Zealand's longest river, beautiful mountains and many different farm animals along the way. Once in Waitomo you can choose between several of the Waitomo caves or upgrade to Black Water Rafting for a real adventure rush. During your chosen cave tour you will explore the ancient and amazing caves seeing many different cave formations including Stalactites, Stalagmites and lime Columns before encountering thousands of the famous Waitomo Glowworms, unique for New Zealand for over 120 years. Waitomo Glowworm caves are a must see for any traveller. For those of you that choose the short tour at Waitomo you will have free time after your tour to explore the area and maybe even do one of the walks to add to your experience. After your Waitomo Caves tour you will also have the option to have lunch in the town or join us at Roselands for a delicious and highly recommended Kiwi BBQ buffet lunch. After lunch our friendly guides will return you to Auckland pointing out more interesting sights along the way. Cave Options (Please select your cave option during the booking process) WAITOMO GLOWWORM CAVES World-renowned and a magnet for both local and overseas visitors, the Waitomo Glowworm Caves occupy a high placing in the New Zealand vacation wish-list. This tour is a 45 min tour including the famous Glowworm Grotto Boat Ride. On the glowworm grotto boat ride you will marvel at Mother Nature's light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. RUAKURI CAVE (Recommended) - Summer only (or private tour in winter) If travelling all the way to Waitomo we recommend upgrading to Ruakuri Cave. The cave offers a captivating blend of Waitomo's most compelling subterranean experiences. Journey down through the spectacular spiral entrance, and marvel at the softly folding shawl-like limestone formations and crystal tapestries. Hear the distant thunder of the subterranean waterfalls and get up close to the glowworms. Ruakuri Cave is New Zealand's longest guided underground walking tour and an experience that must be seen to be believed. It will leave you open-mouthed, awe-struck and humbled by the sheer majesty of nature. BLACK WATER RAFTING (Black Labyrinth) - Summer only (or private tour in winter) The original Waitomo black water rafting tour that will have you exploring and tubing through mysterious Ruakuri Cave. Grab a group of mates, some rubber tubes, and let’s take you on an unreal underground adventure you will never forget. Float down the underground river in rubber tubes while admiring the glowworm displays above Become part of the legend on Waitomo’s original legendary black water rafting adventure· Jump into cascading underground waterfalls, reflecting the glowworms above · Enjoy a hot shower and complimentary hot soup and bagels after your tour · Experienced, trained guides will take you safely through the stunning underworldRead more
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 4 passengers required for tour to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours’ notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I had two guides because of the way I structured my tour; both Simon and Lance were awesome. They made the trip fun, interesting, and educational. The company was great to work with, helping me achieve exactly the tour I wanted, given my interests and time constraints. I highly…
Date of experience: July 2019
A cave to visit to see glow worms you can take photos and it is for all the family Our guide Kreig was really nice ,helpful and we learnt a lot with him The bbq for lunch was very tasty I recommend that tour
Date of experience: April 2019
We did the Waitomo Caves to see the glow worms and added on the tour of Ruakuri (a must!). Since we were leaving from Auckland, we had to meet our driver at 6:30 a.m. and we weren't looking forward to getting up that early. But it was worth it! Our driver Tanya was…
Date of experience: February 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Cheeky Kiwi Travel
A Day of Pleasure
We enjoyed Hobbiton. I am unsteady on my legs but found I could cope with the one hour walk. The tour was very in…
Our guide, Michael is very friendly and hospitable despite us being a little late for pick up. He ensures that we’…
Best Hobbiton Day Tour!
Had THE most amazing day travelling to Hobbiton with Cheeky Kiwi Travel 😄 Was so great to finally get to tick off …
Unexpected Journey to Hobbiton!!!
Great trip, highly recommend it! Scenery was beautiful and Mike our guide/driver was super knowledgeable about the …
It was my first trip in NZ. First I was little nervous because I am alone. but thanks to nice guide and friends I …
A long but enjoyable day trip. We took in Hobbiton and the Waitomo caves. It was a lovely day but it was a long day…
hobbiton tour with sun
We had the chance to have a lot of sun during the tour, the driver was very friendly. I have enjoy a lot The Hobbit…
Lovely, friendly complete Tour
What a lovely day exploring both Hobbiton movie set and Waitomo glowworms caves . Grant, our guide, was very frie…
Very nice tour!
We had a very nice and interesting tour. Our tourguide Michael was very friendly and gave us many interesting infor…
Would Do Again!
Had an excellent time on this tour! Our tour guide/driver, Michael, was very knowledgeable, friendly, and overall, …
A must do travel pack!
Great experience loved hobbiton and Waitomo, swift delivery and return and overall friendly guide! Would definitely…
Rotorua Small Group Tour with Optional Add on Wai-o-tapu & Skyline Gondola Ride
Early morning pick up in a van. It is a very long day but truely an amazing experience . It was well organized to a…
Awesome Tour and Guide
Had an amazing day with Grant as our tour guide. He had snack for us since our tour starts so early, and greeted ea…
Hobbiton Movie Set small group tour
The tour with "Lance" was made interesting with his knowlege and humor for a trip to the set that could have been d…
Best tour in Aukland
While not even a great fan of the Hobbit movies and looking for something to do in Aukland, this turned out to be …
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 6,204 travellers!
from $87.12* $108.90
Popular: Booked by 1,474 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 154 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Waitomo Glowworms Caves Small Group Adventure from Auckland
How much is Waitomo Glowworms Caves Small Group Adventure from Auckland?
Waitomo Glowworms Caves Small Group Adventure from Auckland price starts from US$185.98. Discover and book Waitomo Glowworms Caves Small Group Adventure from Auckland on Tripadvisor
What is the Waitomo Glowworms Caves Small Group Adventure from Auckland cancellation policy?
Waitomo Glowworms Caves Small Group Adventure from Auckland cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Waitomo Glowworms Caves Small Group Adventure from Auckland on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Waitomo Glowworms Caves Small Group Adventure from Auckland?
Waitomo Glowworms Caves Small Group Adventure from Auckland is hosted by Cheeky Kiwi Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Cheeky Kiwi Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Waitomo Glowworms Caves Small Group Adventure from Auckland on Tripadvisor