View all photos (24)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
StartSee Important Information for details
- 1Takapuna BeachStop: 3 hours - Admission includedFrom our meeting point we’ll jump into some pre-ordered ubers and make our way across the bridge, soaking up stunning views of our harbour, city and volcanoes as we go. After a ten minute ride out of the city we’ll arrive at a small yet enchanting slice of native bush that even many locals don’t know about. It's an elevated bush walk and if we're lucky we'll start to hear and then see Tui in full voice and flight. These guys are singers and mimickers and they have quite a story! You'll learn about native trees, New Zealand bush medicine and wildlife that you may not have seen before. It's stunning natural beauty, and quite peaceful too. After our bush walk we'll head to a beautiful beach and lovely waterside trail. You'll take in local landmarks and natural beauty including our imposing Rangitoto Volcano, our youngest at just 600 years old. It's an intriguing coastal trail, we'll pass through old lava flows, rock pools and wait until you hear the story about the castle we pass by! Finally we'll reach lovely Takapuna beach where this time of year it's an awesome spot for a swim to cool off. We'll finish with a classic Kiwi fish and chips lunch and a beer on the beach.Read more
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fish and Chips on the beach, with your choice of drink. Be it a local beer, cider, wine or soft drink, or the classic water!
- New Zealand beer or cider to wash down your lunch!
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Takapuna Beach
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with limited mobility
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Had an absolutely wonderful time on this tour with Kate! Got to experience a little bit of everything. Which was great, and still had time left in the day to do other stuff. The beach was phenomenal, and it was nice to have free to time there just to get some relaxation in! A…
Date of experience: February 2020
We spent two days visiting different parts of the CBD of Auckland and to spend part of our last full day walking in a peaceful urban forest filled with the sounds of birds was a perfect ending of our 5 week New Zealand holiday. March 2019
Date of experience: March 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Locals New Zealand
Great tour with a great guide! I would highly recommend this tour where you get to taste a lot of local brews.
A must do
Went with a brunch of mates and we had a really great time! Some had more beer than others but that a different sto…
Gave this a go after being recommended by a friend, and very glad I did! A great way to sample some of the fantasti…
Excellent. Can't rate it enough.
Dale and Kate were not only knowledgeable but very welcoming. We had such a great time going around the city with t…
Great evening spent with Kate and Dale and few other beer drinkers!! Drank great beers, ate awesome food and met so…
Great Beer. Great Beard. Great time!
Fantastic experience and great hosts. Really enjoyed Dale's tour and his warm reception. Excellent selection of bev…
I really liked the experience with these guys. We had a great time, we had lots of fun, great conversation, well gu…
Great experience of the craft beer scene in Auckland, with great company and our guide Dale was brilliant! Highly r…
Laughs, local knowledge and lots of ale!
We had a great time, excellent beers, excellent company. Highly recommended if you’re looking for something a bit d…
Made our trip to Auckland !!
My partner and I recently went on this tour and what an amazing experience we both had ! Good people, good beers, g…
Don't miss it!
I had a really awesome time. Super interesting beers and really great hosts. Perfect for beer and banter lovers
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,673 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 816 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 225 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail
What time does Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail start?
Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail will start at 9:30 AM. Discover and book Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail on Tripadvisor
How much is Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail?
Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail price starts from US$74.05. Discover and book Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail on Tripadvisor
What is the Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail cancellation policy?
Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail?
Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail is hosted by Locals New Zealand. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Locals New Zealand on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail on Tripadvisor