Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 99 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide upon arrival in Copán
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance to Copan Archeological Site
- Entry/Admission - Copan Ruinas
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Border fee ($5 to $10 depending on nationality) between Guatemala and Honduras
- Inmigration procedure
- Entry/Admission - Rio Hondo
- Entry/Admission - Copan Ruinas
- Entry/Admission - Olancho Department
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 3022GUACOP
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Please contact local provider if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact local provider to arrange.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Copán Day Trip from Guatemala City?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Copán Day Trip from Guatemala City on Tripadvisor
- How much is Copán Day Trip from Guatemala City?
- Copán Day Trip from Guatemala City price starts from S$369.65. Discover and book Copán Day Trip from Guatemala City on Tripadvisor
- What is the Copán Day Trip from Guatemala City cancellation policy?
- Copán Day Trip from Guatemala City cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Copán Day Trip from Guatemala City on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Copán Day Trip from Guatemala City?
- Copán Day Trip from Guatemala City is hosted by Gray Line Guatemala. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Gray Line Guatemala on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Copán Day Trip from Guatemala City on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 3022GUACOP
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- Pass byGray Line Guatemala - Tours & Experiences
- 1HOTEL Y RESTAURANTE SANTA CRUZStop: 40 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2EL FLORIDOStop: 30 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Copan RuinasStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 4Copan HondurasStop: 40 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Gray Line Guatemala
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Joined in April 2013
#7 of 92 Tours & Activities in Guatemala City
- O5760OCrobertb00Great Experience.The view from Pacaya was fantastic. The guide Claudio was great, very informative. The hike was MUCH harder than expected, or I was more out of shape then I thought. The SPA was the highlight of the afternoon, the people there were great and the facilities were great.
- Galloway192000Great views but disappointed didn’t get to roast marshmallowsI was so upset that we didn’t get to roast the marshmallows. I came on this hike specifically to roast marshmallows and eat pizza from the lava rocks. It wasn’t until we came to the fork in the pathway that we were told we had to make a choice. I was literally so shocked that this was even a thing. I was out voted so we went the opposite way of the marshmallows and then we’re told we couldn’t do both so it was a done deal. Then the horses and the men with the horses are entirely too close the entire way up asking every couple of minutes if you want a taxi. Ot was too much. The guide should have a talk and explain the hike in the beginning instead of starting right up especially when it immediately begins with the cobblestone going straight up.
- 785micahb00Great guideGreat trip and a great workout for the legs. The restaurant for lunch was good and there was more food and drink for purchase inside the park than expected.
- Merrily C00Wonderful experience!I am so glad I booked this tour! We would not have been able to see that number of important sights in that amount of time on our own. Our guide was knowledgeable on the history of the city and able to answer many of my questions. He was pleasant and enthusiastic about the tour. We were promptly picked up at the hotel and safely delivered back there. The driver was also amazing. I highly recommend it!
- stvcab00Awesome Eruptions with City Tour!!This was a very good tour. Juan Pablo was a very informative and entertaining guide. Bus was very comfortable with AC. Tour is a bit rushed, due to group of 20 needing to be “herded” like lost cats. Lunch stop was incredible all food provided was delicious, especially the hand made tortillas. Ride to Antigua is really 80-90min long, but travel scenery was good (Volcanos, with one erupting!!)
- catherinesU4499TL00TERRIBLE DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANYThe trip was an utter disgrace. The communication was so terrible that we were unable to meet up with the tour guide and misses the bus. They expected us to meet them 25 minutes away from out hotel in an unsafe location. They did not answer any communications when I was trying to work out how to meet the guide and now that are refusing a refund. Do not use any services operated by Viator
- Gabriel B00Cancelled because we didn’t take the hot springs optionCancelled our booking because we didn’t choose their most expensive option. They tried to get us to take a hot springs option. If you are going to offer a service, actually go through with it.
- Inspiration55573800great day in Antigua!Comfortable bus ride with excellent information about the land and culture followed by an interesting tour that gave us a good view of Antigua and a delicious lunch before heading back to catch our ship in plenty of time. Highly recommend!
- isabelwcx00Amazing experience with one or two hichesCommunication could have been improved and there were some organizational road bumps, but eventually all the bookings came through! The accommodations were lovely, but the guide was superb! Shoutout to Adolfo - he was so wonderful and struck a great balance between history, fun, culture, shopping. Plus, the ease of transport was great - I can't imagine that we would have seen as much without a guide who could navigate the markets and show us the best scenic views.
- chelseachaton00Awesome!Very good experience! Highly recommend the horses unless you are a frequent hiker in great shape. The guys at the bottom for horses tried to double charge us so we had to walk down which kinda sucked (nothing to do with this tour). Guide who walked with us up the volcano was the BEST! I wore the worst running shoes with no grip and almost plunged to my death a few times LOL. He held my hand the ENTIRE TIME! We walked back slowly and talked the whole entire time, he didn’t even mind that the group was way ahead. Thank you so much to the guide!!! As for the hotsprings, they were very relaxing. Unfortunately I think they forgot about us at the hotsprings and we were there for like 4hrs and it was pretty late by the time we got back, like 7pm. For everyone saying it’s not actual lava, no it’s not because it erupted so long ago. But it’s still crazy to roast marshmallows from a volcano!
- rafaelopr6200Best Adolfo City tour guide!We utilize the Gray Line agency Adolfo our tour guide and Mynor our chofer. This tour was so complete and beautiful. Adolfo has the charisma and is knowledgeable of his culture! Both English and Spanish languages were spoken and we had a blast. I asked to let us shop at the Market and he didn’t even hesitate. Would call him again if I needed him! transportation was top of the line with a very good chofer. Blessings for him!
- Janice W00Guatemala City TourI had a great time. I learned a lot. Winston Cuk was a great guide. He is very knowledgeable and I enjoyed his guide job very much.
- Deb C00Amazing History LessonOur guide was so knowledgeable about the history of the city. He taught us so much about the architecture and customs of the land. The tour guides name was Winston and has been the nicest person we have met on the tours, all were nice but he went the extra mile to make sure we had the experience we were looking for.
- Jordan_McAlister00Must See Antigua GuatemalaThis tour was lovely, and allowed me to visit all of the historic sites and structures that I wanted to see in Antigua. Adolfo, the guide, and Roberto, the driver, were very kind. Adolfo really knows his subject matter and enthusiastically and skillfully curated my personal, solo tour. If you are visiting during the wet season (when mornings tend to be sunny, with cloudier middays and afternoons) I would encourage the tour to begin at the El Arco de Santa Catalina and Plaza Mayor for optimal photography lighting. The museums can come later in the day when cloudier skies matter less. Communication on the TripAdvisor messenger left a bit to be desired, but the pickup eventually took place. If you take the tour, be sure to call or e-mail the company with the provided address, as TripAdvisor messages were not answered.
- Navigate1498279307900INTERESTING AND BEAUTIFULChichicastenago is a very interesting town full of Mayan History, it kind of has a feeling of a mystery town from the market to the churches and the cemetery its full of history. Atitlan is just breathtaking the view, the people and of course the food....just spectacular!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
After visiting Tikal, it is hard to see other ruins because Tikal was so majestic!!! It was about 9 hours driving from Guatemala and it is not easy driving in Guatemala.
Written 1 June 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.