View all photos (24)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Explore the maze-like souks of the Marrakech medina on a half-day walking tour that includes Djemaa el Fna, Bahia Palace, and the Photography Museum of Marrakech. Experience all this historic neighborhood has to offer as you are guided through some of the city’s unique spice shops and traditional bakeries, for a fascinating introduction to daily life in Marrakech’s old center.
- Marrakech medina walking tour orients you to the historic center
- Includes entrance fees to Bahia Palace and Photography Museum
- No extra cost for traditional bread tasting
- Group size limited to 12 to ensure personalized service from guide
What to Expect
Make your way to Djemaa el Fna, and then join a guide for a winding trip into the Marrakech medina, the bustling heart of the old city. Don’t worry about finding your way: You can rely on your guide and take time to explore carpet shops, spice stalls, and artisans’ workshops. The first stop of the day is Bahia Palace, where you'll get a glimpse of royal life in the Imperial City. Following your time at Bahia Palace, head back into the medina to visit a local bakery and taste some freshly baked bread. Next, see a remarkable collection of historic images at the Photography Museum of Marrakech, which includes century-old photographs of the Atlas Mountains’ Berber tribes. After visiting the museum, the tour concludes back at Djemaa el Fna.
Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Bread tasting
- Entry/Admission - Palacio da Bahia
- Entry/Admission - Maison de la Photographie
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended.
- Maximum group size is 12.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- All the stops you make on this tour are 100% local, which means the local community directly benefits from the tour.
- You visit the culturally important Jemaa el-Fna Square, listed by UNESCO as an Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
- Your tour includes entrence fees to Palais De Bahia and the Photography Museum, which helps to maintain the sites and preserve local cultural heritage.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Marrakech Urban Adventures
Amazing Unforgettable Cooking Experience
Wow! An awesome and excellent adventurous day spend cooking in a beautiful Riad!! First of all, we met at the…
Tagine cookery class in Marrakech
What a fantastic tour with Hananne and Karima. We were welcomed by Hananne and led through the maze of the souks,…
Top Notch Cooking Class
Karima and Hanane were amazing hosts. The tour started with Hanane taking us to the market. She taught us the…
Authentic Moroccan Experience
My wife and I had an enjoyable experience. Just as the description details, we met on the square at Jam El-Fen,…
Amazing trip , Great food , Wonderful experience .
We enjoy our Morning with our Guid Sanae , she take us to the Market, to buy all the fresh ingredient we need to…
Accrington, United Kingdom1517
Mohammed was our guide on this tour. If you have ever gone around Djemaa El Fna on your own, you will understand…
Excellent cooking class and market trip!
Karima and Hanane were excellent hosts. The trip round the market was great and the cooking environment was…
karima and Hanane were both amazing, the whole experience from start to finish was just the best, really enjoyed…
Incredible food and authentic experience
Karima and Hanane were incredible guides. The whole experience was so amazing, walking through the markets and…
Interesting tour & good guide Mo
Mo was a great guide - on time, polite, informative, cheerful and helpful. He speaks umpteen languages & his…
- Palacio da Bahia, Maison de la Photographie, and 1 more
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207