Day 1 – Taipei City Tour
• Pick up at your hotel in the afternoon. Visit Taipei 101, Ding Tai Fong Dumpling, and a night market (1/2 day tour; meal + 101 tickets included)
Day 2 – Taipei City & Tea Tasting
• Visit to beautiful nearby gardens, Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall and experience a traditional Chinese Tea tasting.
Day 3 – National Palace Museum and Yang Ming Mountain
• Begin day with a tour of the National Palace Museum, then travel to Yang Ming Mountain for some gentle hiking. End the day with a foot massage in Little Tokyo.
Day 4 – Jiu Fen and Hualien
• Depart hotel and visit a unique geological park and an old gold mining town, Jiu Fen. Continue down the East Coast to Hualien for local food and culture. Enjoy an excellent sauna and spa.
Day 5 – Taroko Gorge
• Spend the day in Taroko Gorge, including stops at Eternal Spring Temple and a series of beautiful hiking trails.
• Stay the night in wood cabins nestled into the hills side. Aboriginal dancing in the evening.
Day 6 - Taroko to Sun Moon Lake
• Begin a beautiful drive through the mountains. See monkeys on the roadside as we head for the mountain peak for lunch.
• Arrive at Sun Moon Lake for a peaceful evening.
Day 7 - Sun Moon Lake and Tea Plantations
• Visit tea gardens and take an afternoon private boat ride with drinks. Spend time strolling the old lakeside village of Ita Thoa.
• Enjoy local eats near the lake.
Day 8 - Alishan National Park
• Depart early for another beautiful drive through the mountains on our way to Ali Shan National Forest.
• Lunch and dinner of local mountain foods in the tranquil National Park.
Day 9 – Alishan National Park
• Optional morning viewing of the mountain sunrise.
• Hiking and exploring the ancient forests of Ali Shan. Free time in the afternoon for tea drinking, hiking and photography.
Day 10 - Tainan
• Drive to Tainan and have lunch in the oldest trading port in Taiwan.
• Explore the quaint old streets and try traditional Roast Duck for dinner.
Day 11 – Kaohsiung
• Visit a Buddhist Temple and the old British consulate.
• Return to Tainan to visit the Dutch Fort and Confucius Temple. For dinner we'll try traditional street food.
Day 12 - Tainan to Airport
• Free morning to enjoy the hotel and stroll around.
• Midday departure for the High Speed Rail to the airport.