Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai! (for 1 person)
- *Option : Umbrella / Wooden Fan
- 1 Set x Chut Thai Rental for 1 person for 8 Hours
- Rental Price includes :
- Rental of Costumes includes :
- · 1 x Belt
- · 1 x Brooch
- · 1 x Chong Kraben (Pants) 1 x Cloth Sash
- · 1 x Chong Kraben (Skirt)
- · 1 x Earrings
- · 1 x Inner Sabai
- · 1 x Long Sleeve Top
- · 1 x Outer Sabai
- · 1 x Pendant Necklace
- · 2 X Slings
- · 2 x Bracelets
- (1) Footwear
- (2) Hair & Makeup Service
- (3) Photography Services
- (4) Food & Drinks
- (5) Transportation
- (6) Admission fees to places of interest
- (7) Guide to your self walking tour
- Please note we DO NOT include the following in our rental :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- Am I able to use the restroom in the ‘Chut Thai’ without removing the entire outfit?
- As our shop space is rather limited, we do not have locker facilities. We are able to assist in storing your items in our shop while you are out
- Can I book a specific costume in advance?
- Can I come earlier than 0900 for the fitting?
- Can I do more than 2 fittings?
- Can I enter the temple in the ‘Chut Thai’ Chakkri as temples require visitors to cover up?
- Can I extend the rental by hourly instead of taking the 8 hour package?
- Can I omit the cash deposit and deposit my passport/ID only?
- Can I rent the ‘Chut Thai’ indoors and engage a professional photographer to take pictures?
- Can I ride the bicycle or motorbike in the Chut Thai?
- Do I need to remove my intimates including my bra (strapless or non strapless)?
- Do I need to remove wear an inner top or shorts?
- Do you have lockers for storing customer personal items?
- Do you have outfits that can fit very large size individuals?
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- For man, we have tops that can fit up to XXL, we do have limited XXXL tops in our stock at the moment. The bottom pants waistbands are expandable and
- For woman, the materials used to form the top and bottoms are 3m long and is able to fit woman up to XXL size.
- For women, it usually take 30 – 90 minutes from start to finish depending on the how long it takes for you to decide which colors and fabric
- How is the rental time counted from start to end?
- How long does it take from selection to complete dressing up in the ‘Chut Thai’?
- How often are the costumes cleaned?
- I have never worn a Chut Thai before, how do I know what to select?
- IMPORTANT NOTE
- If you require to do a fitting earlier than 0800, please check with us via email or social messaging apps on availability and additional applicable
- Our shop opening hours are 0930 to 1930. If you do need to come earlier between 0800 to 0900 for fitting so as to take part in temple ceremonies, you
- Shoes are not included in the rental. Customers will have to use their own shoes during the rental. For men, sandals or slippers are recommended to be
- The Chut Thai Chakkri is one of the royally endorsed costume by Queen Sirikit and recognized as one of the traditional thai costume which is allowed
- The rental time starts from the time the customer completes dressing up and exits the shop. For example, you’ve set appointment at 0930 but only finish
- There will be additional charge of 50THB per additional fittings but we would advise to not ponder too long the time will be better spent exploring the
- We do not have a studio for indoor photography, we highly encourage our customers to head outdoors instead for a better experience and photography
- We do not recommend taking the bicycle during your Chut Thai rental. The men are able to ride the motorbike whilst the ladies can pillion sideways if
- We have staff able to communicate in English, Chinese and Thai in the shop to assist you in color-pairing and matching the design you like best.
- We need to collect deposit of 500 thb per costume per person which will be given back to you after your rental period if there are no damages, missing
- We send all of our returned and worn costumes for dry cleaning every day. We do not recycle any worn or returned costumes for the next rental or
- We would prefer for the customer to be in our shop to select the outfit they desire as the colors and patterns will differ from pictures. The costumes
- What kind of footwear should I use?
- Yes, if you wish to rent for example 5 hours instead of 4 hour or 8 hours, you can extend your rental by per hour at 90 THB per hour.
- Yes, you are able to use the restroom easily in the Chut Thai costume without having to remove the entire skirt.
- You do not need to remove your intimates, we will fit the ‘chut thai’ over your intimates.
- You do not need to wear an inner piece under the ‘chut thai’ especially during March – November periods as the weather can be rather hot. However, for
- availability will be based on first come first serve basis. It’s best to come as early as 0900 to have a better array of choices to pick out your chut thai
- can schedule a booking with us via our email email@example.com or message us on FB/Wechat @baanorjao, LINE/Whatsapp (66) 830504916
- city of chiang mai or getting your desired Instagram shot! For men, if the ‘chut thai’ is not the right size, additional fitting chance will be given
- customers do not deposit their personal wallets, mobiles or high value items with us.
- customers who are afraid of cold during the months of December to February, we advise you to bring an additional sweater or jacket to keep warm.
- display any offensive signs. Please do not engage in any offensive behavior such as openly smoking, drinking alcoholic drinks, spitting in public, washing
- exploring Chiang Mai in the ‘Chut Thai’. However, we will not be responsible for loss of any items left in our shop storage. We strongly advise for
- fitting the chut thai and arranging your hairstyle at 1030, the start time will be 1030 and end time at 1430.
- items or irremovable stain on the costume. If there is more than 2 persons in the booking, we will need to collect 2 x 500 THB = 1,000 THB deposit and for
- list of local photographers under our services you can choose from and will book and co-ordinate the photography services with your rental time.
- needed. But we highly recommend renting a rickshaw, tuk tuk, a songtheaw (red truck) or booking a grab instead. Alternatively, you can check with us for
- next customer for hygiene purposes.
- of feet in the wash basins, picture taking in nightclub/bars or re-adjust the costume to display nudity in public.
- price and booking availability on rental of rickshaw, tuk tuk, red truck or private car for the 4 hour or 8 hour rental period.
- security reasons would prefer not to keep your personal passports or ID as collateral.
- shots as Chiang Mai has numerous ancient cultural locations that are often free-of-charge. If you require a professional photographer, we can send you a
- temples do require you to remove footwear upon entry.
- to be worn for temple visits and ceremonies. However, in Chiang Mai City, there are some old temple traditions that do not allow woman inside vidharn so please check with the temple ground staff or monks before entering.
- types to mix and match and doing your own hairdo and makeup.
- until the right size is found.
- will be able to fit up to XXL individuals
- worn to match the ‘Chut Thai’. For women, sandals, slippers or casual pumps are recommended. This will enable to you to enter/exit the temples easier as
- · Some temples do not allow woman inside the vidharn due to old traditions but you are allowed to explore the temple grounds.
- · The Chut Thai is a royally endorsed costume and to be worn with respect. Therefore, it is strongly advisable for anyone wearing the ‘Chut Thai’ to not
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Baan orjao
Not really a tour as much as a photo session
The shop was helpful in helping you pick out clothes to wear but that’s about it. You really need to know where yo…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about 8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai!
Which attractions will I visit with 8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai!?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book 8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai! on Tripadvisor
How much is 8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai!?
8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai! price starts from S$31.38. Discover and book 8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai! on Tripadvisor
What is the 8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai! cancellation policy?
8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai! cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai! on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai!?
8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai! is hosted by Baan orjao. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Baan orjao on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 8 Hour Traditional Thai Costume Rental in Chiang Mai! on Tripadvisor