Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Istanbul is one of the world’s most spectacular cities, a former Ottoman and Byzantine capital that’s now a vibrant modern metropolis. Most visitors stick to well-trodden highlights, but you’ll visit under-the-radar sights and hear illuminating commentary during this in-depth tour—while still ticking off the city’s top historical attractions. You’ll haggle for spices, chug a cup of Turkish coffee, and sail the Bosphorus, leaving all the navigation to your guide.
- You'll start atPudding Shop Lale RestaurantAlemdar, Divan Yolu Cd. No:6, 34400 Fatih/İstanbul, TurkeyPudding Shop Lale Restaurant - For further explanation perhaps use the Sultanahmet tram stop as a reference. The restaurant is located on the street where the tram lines run through Sultanahmet, approximately 1-minute walk from the Sultanahmet tram stopSee address & details
- 1HippodromeStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 2Serefiye SarniciStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Nuruosmaniye CamiiStop: 25 minutesSee detailsPass byKapali CarsiIstanbul Universitesi Rektorlugu
- 4Sahaflar CarsisiStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 5Misir Carsisi (Spice Market)Stop: 25 minutesSee details
- 6Suleymaniye MosqueStop: 25 minutesSee details
- 7Cathedral Church of St GeorgeStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 8Balat & Fener TourStop: 50 minutesSee details
- You'll end atKaraköy PierKemankeş Karamustafa Paşa Mah., Rıhtım Cad. No:13, 34425 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, TurkeyIt ends near Galata Bridge and Karakoy Tram Station and your guide can explain how to go back to the hotel.See address & details
- In-depth, off-the-beaten-track tour of Istanbul
- Tick off the main sights and also explore under-the-radar neighborhoods
- Get a rare peek at Old Greek and Jewish quarters, plus Istanbul University
- Perfect for first-time visitors or anyone wanting a deeper cultural exploration
What to Expect
Begin your tour at the Hippodrome, where thousands of spectators once marveled at chariot games. Your day includes travels on foot and public transportation, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes. Travel from ancient to medieval eras with stops at the Serefiye Cistern and the Grand Bazaar, where you can take a Turkish coffee break and haggle for souvenirs in over 4,000 different shops. Next, you’ll head to Istanbul University and an old book market, and then get a peek at Suleymaniye, considered the loveliest of the Ottoman-era mosques. After a stop at the cavernous Spice Market, veer off the tourist track in the city's Old Greek and Jewish neighborhoods, where you’ll see centuries-old wooden mansions. Finally, get views of Istanbul from the water with a scenic ferry ride across the river.
Pudding Shop Lale Restaurant, Alemdar, Divan Yolu Cd. No:6, 34400 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Karaköy Pier, Kemankeş Karamustafa Paşa Mah., Rıhtım Cad. No:13, 34425 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Turkey
- Light refreshment
- Practice of hookah at favorite local hangout
- Professional guide
- Public transportation; ferry and bus
- Entry/Admission - Serefiye Sarnici
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Meeting point is Pudding Shop Lale Restaurant to departure the walking tour
- Minimum capacity is 2 persons. We reserve the right to cancel a tour due to insufficient reservations. We will do all we can to reschedule your tour or a refund will be provided.
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Our tours are done by public transportation and walking so if you have any serious mobility issues, we advise you to book a private tour
- Parents of children under 6 years are advised to book a private tour
- On Religious Fests Grand Bazaar and Spice Bazaar are closed ( june 4th,5th, 6th, August 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th )
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Highly recommended! Trustworthy agency for sure! Ask for Emir Sagir to be your guide if possible but I do believe the rest of the team is as good as him (came across his colleagues along the way and they all seem nice). You'll get a local friend rather than just a guide! He is…
Date of experience: September 2020
Salih was an incredible guide that showed us non touristy neighborhoods. I loved this tour and the relaxed, flexible vibe.
Literally one of the best tours of my life. Specifically wanna highlight Apo, the extremely educated, kind and interesting guide... an incredible man overall! Really recommend. Thank you for everything!
Date of experience: August 2020
Great Tour! Salih was super knowledgeable and we asked him SO MANY questions that he had the answers to. We felt safe + confident wandering the streets of Istanbul with him and would certainly book future tours with him + this operator! Do yourself a favor and get the real…
Date of experience: July 2020
1 Helpful vote
Our guide Salie was excellent. He took us to many interesting places we would not otherwise have visited. He provided historical information which he had researched carefully. At the Hippodrome, for example, he had maps and pictures to support his explanations. Last but not…
Date of experience: March 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Real Istanbul Tours
Best tour guide in Istanbul
I was in Istanbul for a quick three-day visit and was lucky enough to meet someone at the airport who recommended t…
So great !
We visited a lot of the famous places as well as places I didn't know about. Be prepared for some steep hiking. Did…
For a Great First Introduction to Contemporary and Historic Istanbul — Look No Further!
We went on the half day tour with our guide, Emre. Not only was he very knowledgeable and engaging in sharing abou…
Amazing authentic tour guide
We were so lucky to have Apo as our tour guide! He was friendly, passionate about his city and extremely knowledgea…
I highly recommend this tour!
I highly recommend this day Istanbul tour as a way to see Istanbul and learn about the amazing culture this beautif…
Enchanting Istanbul with an awesome guide!
Amazing tour!! Top sites half day tour with Emir Sagir I just got back from Istanbul with wonderful memories! They…
We had a fantastic guide Emre ( find him on Instagram: @emrethetourguide). There is no better way to get to know Is…
very personalized experience
We had a 5 hour very extensive and informative tour by our guide, Emir. The experience was so great that we immedia…
2 weeks Turkey and Istanbul
Fantastic experience. 1 week spent travelling to Cappadocia, Ankara, Antalya, Kas with our tour guide Yunus Emre. G…
Amazing - and very informative!
It was was a small group (total of 4 people + the tour guide), therefore the tour was very personalized. The tour …
Delightful City and Delightful Guide
My husband and I did the whole day walking tour of Instanbul with our guide Abuallah or "Apple" as he requested we …
Full 2 week group tour of Istanbul and other Turkey sites
I cannot speak highly enough about this tour group, with Yunus Emre as the principal tour guide and several other t…
Guide Taner was fantastic, more a friend than a guide
I arranged Real istanbul tour guide for my friends visiting Istanbul and this is quote their feedback.... "The tour…
Top sites of Istanbul half day small group tour
Excellent, informative, friendly, knowledgeable, good value tour. Thank you. Would definitely recommend
The best tour guys
The best tour guys in Istanbul! Very professional and very fun. I’ll will use them again and again. Highly recommen…
- Duration: 7h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Full Day: Classic Istanbul Tour Including Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace
from SGD 90.96*
Popular: Booked by 2,307 travellers!
from SGD 65.54*
Popular: Booked by 2,065 travellers!
from SGD 46.64*
Popular: Booked by 752 travellers!
from SGD 174.92*
Popular: Booked by 2,502 travellers!
from SGD 13.93*
Popular: Booked by 724 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Historic Off the Beaten Path Tour of the Real Istanbul
Which attractions will I visit with Historic Off the Beaten Path Tour of the Real Istanbul?
How much is Historic Off the Beaten Path Tour of the Real Istanbul?
Historic Off the Beaten Path Tour of the Real Istanbul price starts from S$113.66. Discover and book Historic Off the Beaten Path Tour of the Real Istanbul on Tripadvisor
What is the Historic Off the Beaten Path Tour of the Real Istanbul cancellation policy?
Historic Off the Beaten Path Tour of the Real Istanbul cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Historic Off the Beaten Path Tour of the Real Istanbul on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Historic Off the Beaten Path Tour of the Real Istanbul?
Historic Off the Beaten Path Tour of the Real Istanbul is hosted by Real Istanbul Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Real Istanbul Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Historic Off the Beaten Path Tour of the Real Istanbul on Tripadvisor