- Your tour guide is going to meet you at your hotel reception at 09.00 am. If you would like to start later the day, please kindly email us what time suits you.
- This is a 7-hour walking tour.
- You have full freedom on our tours. You can even change your mind on the day as we go.
- The tour includes the major sites of Istanbul such as Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, The Garand Bazaar, and The Blue Mosque.
- We usually start our old city walking tours at 09.00 am and finish by 16.00 pm.
- Your local licensed tour guide will meet you at your hotel reception or cruise port with a sign bearing your name on it at 09.00 am.
- Your private tour guide will meet you at your hotel reception at 09.00 am. Together you will either walk or catch a public transportation to the old city. Private Istanbul Old City Walk is a full day walking tour that covers the main highlights of the city Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and The Grand Bazaar.
We will start our tour with a visit to the Topkapi Palace, which was the home and seat of the government of the Ottomans for nearly 400 years. It’s the heart of the great Ottoman Empire, ruled by the monarch who lived in Topkapi’s Harem section with a huge family and servants.
Then we will visit Blue Mosque. The Blue Mosque is the second largest mosque in Istanbul and it was built during the regime of Sultan Ahmet. It is known for its 16th century blue Iznik tiles and 6 minarets.
After here we will have a lunch break and continue to the Hagia Sophia, the church of the divine wisdom. Built as a church by the Byzantines and decorated with mosaic tile icons, it then served as a mosque during the Ottoman era. Still today one of the most popular museums in the city.
The tour ends with a visit to the Grand Bazaar that built the second half of 15th century and the largest covered bazaar in the world with its more than 4000 shops.
Private Istanbul Walking Tours