View all photos (99)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Your private hiking tour of the Great Wall is the ultimate way to experience one of China’s most famous attractions. By having a private guide, you're able to skip the crowds and have insider knowledge about the quieter, less touristy parts of the wall. Enjoy round-trip private transport, and also have the flexibility to organize the itinerary that’s most suitable for your needs.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mutianyu Great WallStop: 2 hours - Admission includedThe Mutianyu Great Wall is an ideal site for holiday makers instead of the Great Wall hikers. You know, the Mutianyue Great Wall is the only officially opened section where you have to do the mountain hike if you are going to climb up the Great Wall since the Mutianyu Great Wall doesn't start from the ground unlike other sections of the Great Wall. So at the Mutianyu Great Wall, you have the chance to enjoy a half hour mountain climbing as well as the Great Wall hike.Read more
- Explore the Mutianyu Great Wall with a guide, ensuring you don’t get lost
- Trave in a private vehicle, with hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Stress-free, flexible, and personalized day, catered to your interests
- Chairlift, cable car journey, and toboggan ride included
What to Expect
Your tour starts with a pickup from your Beijing hotel. You’ll meet your guide and then enjoy a roughly 1.5-hour journey to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall (which is known for being a quieter, less crowded part). You'll have the choice to take a cable car, chairlift, or if you’re feeling energetic—climb all the way up to the top of one of the 23 towers. Enjoy the free time you have to admire the panoramic views at the top, and take photos, before your descent. To get down, you can choose from walking, or the more fun option—taking a toboggan ride. You guide will advise which option is best, depending on season and weather conditions. After ample time exploring the wall, you’ll start your journey back to Beijing, and be dropped off at your hotel, or a convenient location in the city.
- Bottled water
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up
- Hotel drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Age under 3 is free to join
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Tour-Beijing-Day Tour
Private tour: Greatwall and Huaibei Ski Resort
Our tour was customized according to our request. Vicky, who’s coordinating our tour has been very accommodating…
Very nice trip!
Today we did the half day wall tour. Jackie came for us at our hotel, perfectly on time. The drive to the wall was…
Experience of a Lifetime: Private 2-day Great Wall Tour
Booked a private 2-day tour from Gubeikou to Jinshanling for Day 1 and Jinshanling to Simatai West for Day 2. Our…
Fort Lauderdale, Florida35970
Huanghuacheng Great Wall & Eastern Qing Tombs Tour - Awesome!
I took a private tour (my English speaking Guide David, the driver and me) to climb the Huanghuachneng portion of…
Livingston, United Kingdom913
Fantastic Company - Highly Recommended
Our group of 16 used Tour Beijing on three occasions on our recent visit to Beijing. Firstly a private transfers…
Booked a two weeks custom trip with this company. Communication was swift and perfect. We travelled between the…
Professional and excellent service
Our group of 6 took this one day tour. From the time of booking to the day of the tour, the staff who arranged…
The best tour ever!
Thank you our tour guide ,Jack. We had a great experience of climbing the Great Wall. If you want to visit…
They were very punctual, polite and answered all the quetions promptly through e-mail. I recommend their service.
Airport Layover Night Tour
I booked this tour because my flight arrived at 3.20pm and the main attractions such as the Great Wall were closed…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207