Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Great Wall of China is an ancient fortification, more than 13,000 miles (21,000 kilometers) in length—it’s also China’s top attraction. Parts of the wall are in poor condition or else crowded with visitors. But, on this guided tour, you get to visit the quieter, under-the-radar Mutianyu section, which has also undergone a complete restoration.
- You'll start atSwitzerland Square Block ERui Shi Guang Chang E Zuo, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, ChinaNote: Take Subway Line 2 and get off at station “Dong Si Shi Tiao”（东四十条）. Come out of Exit C and walk 50 meters to the east, you will find our bus parking spot near the gate of Starbucks Coffee.See address & details
- 1Mutianyu Great WallStop: 5 hours - Admission excludedTake Mubus to get to the Mutianyu Great Wall from Beijing downtown. Upon arrival, your tour guide will save you hassle by buying the tickets for you, then drive you to the foot of the Mutianyu Great Wall, instead of making you queue for the shuttle bus. Once you've ascended the Wall, see and climb the impressive defensive watch towers to take in the serene scenery of streams and lush greenery that surround this section of the Great Wall. After climbing the Great Wall, you can come back to the “Mubus Family” to relax. Located in the center of the Mutianyu scenic area, it is a special lounge area only reserved for the Mubus travelers, offering them with a comfortable place to rest, a restaurant with local specialties, beer and coffee. When you have buffet lunch on the viewing platform, you will appreciate a very magnificent scenery by the intersection of the two sections of the Great Wall here, Mutianyu Great Wall and Jiankou Great Wall which’s well-known “steepest Great Wall of China”. This is a memorable place to take photos.Read more
- You'll end atSwitzerland Square Block ERui Shi Guang Chang E Zuo, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, ChinaNote: Take Subway Line 2 and get off at station “Dong Si Shi Tiao”（东四十条）. Come out of Exit C and walk 50 meters to the east, you will find our bus parking spot near the gate of Starbucks Coffee.See address & details
- Discover the longest and most beautiful section of the Great Wall
- Enjoy watchtower views of picturesque countryside
- Authentic local lunch included
- Easy pickup and drop-off from central Beijing
What to Expect
Meet your guide and enjoy the scenic ride to the Great Wall at Mutianyu. At the site, you have plenty of time to explore the ancient, stone-and-earth barricade. Unlike more crowded parts of the wall that are closer to Beijing, the quieter Mutianyu is off-the-beaten-track, so you can walk around at your leisure without jostling for space. This section of the wall was built more than 1,400 years ago during the Qin Dynasty and then refortified in 1404. Mutianyu is also one of the longest and most picturesque wall sections. It has been fully restored, so you are able to see it just as it existed in ancient times. The surrounding countryside is also famous for its fragrant pines and cypress trees. There are no less than 23 watchtowers—some you’ll be able to climb for unforgettable views. An authentic local lunch is included.
Switzerland Square Block E, Rui Shi Guang Chang E Zuo, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China
Returns to original departure point
- Return bus transportation;
- English-Mandarin speaking guide on bus.
- Internal shuttle for uphill and downhill;
- Great Wall admission ticket (Option)
- Buffet lunch at Mubus Family viewing platform (Option)
- Great Wall round trip cable car (Option)
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Bring your phone or camera to take pictures on the Great Wall!
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Very well organized and the host Michael was very friendly! I was on my own and felt vert welcomed. Highly suggested. Also December is low travel season in China so it was very uncrowded.
Date of experience: December 2020
Had a great time with our guide and our trip to the Mutianyu portion of the wall. We left at 10:30 AM on a sunny day in downtown Beijing and made it to the Wall in about 1.5 hrs. We had about 3 - 4 hours to explore which was plenty of time and this time of the year was perfect…
Date of experience: January 2020
We visited the Great Wall on the 21st January 2020 with our three children 10, 9 and 8. We opted for option C and took the cable car up and the toboggan down. Bus - clean and safely driven. Felt free to focus on listening to the guide, Tony, and looking at the view and…
Hands down for MuBus and biggest shoutout to our awesome tour guide LEO! Thank you so much for guiding us from start to finish and recommending places to visit and eat Peking Duck. You kept us laughing throughout the trip and when there is a concern or problem, you will reassure…
Date of experience: December 2019
We met the bus at the pick up point, the coach was clean and comfortable. Our guide was Tony, he was friendly and had a good sense of humour. We picked the whole package which included lunch. We chose to go chair lifts up and toboggan back down, Tony sorted all the tickets out…
Date of experience: January 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Botrip tours
Introduction to the Forbidden City
A competent introduction for western tourists who are not familiar with the last two dynasties that are Ming and Qi…
Tony was a super, handsome and friendly tourguide :) He is a very funny guy and guided us very well over the great…
Must See While in Beijing
Must book in advance, foreign visitors will need to bring your passport and a guide option is recommended. The city…
Excellent service and experience getting to the Great Wall
Other than getting a friend to drive you, this is the best method of getting to the Great Wall. The bus was extreme…
Take Mubus! Tony will sort it out!!
Take this trip. Talk to to Tony, he will help you out. Take this trip, hassle free, easy and enlightening. We were …
Trip to the Great Wall of China
We had a pick up from our hotel to the Great Wall. Tony was a great guide and was very resourceful. Awesome!
No worries great wall tour
Everything is taken care. English guide, Leo is helpful. Booked through Klook and tour agent contacted us through …
Mike was great!
Wonderful tour of the Forbidden City done in about four hours. Not super in depth on history, but enough to give a …
Leo The tour was very good! Our tour guide, Leo, was very knowledgeable and friendly. He patiently explained to us…
We enjoyed the 4 hour tour of the Forbidden City. Mike was our guide and he provided a lot of information about the…
Recommended and very accommodating Great Wall of China tour
We just had a one day trip to Beijing and chose a sleeper train from Shanghai to have lesser expense in going to Be…
Amazing visit to Great Wall
We had an amazing visit to the Great Wall. We used Mubus which was very easy and convenient both to sign up and to …
Excellent tour to the Wall
Michael did a great job of explaining the tour on the way to the wall and help us when required. Highly recommended…
Great experience in the great wall
This tour overcame my expectations. I was a bit affraid that this tour, being so cheap compared to others, would be…
The tour was great!!!
The tour we went on was great. We met our tour guide Michael at Starbucks, he was very welcoming and spoke very goo…
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
from SGD 11.95*
Popular: Booked by 5,210 travellers!
from SGD 169.74*
Popular: Booked by 1,957 travellers!
from SGD 106.46*
Popular: Booked by 1,612 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Morning Mubus Tour to the Mutianyu Great Wall
How much is Morning Mubus Tour to the Mutianyu Great Wall?
Morning Mubus Tour to the Mutianyu Great Wall price starts from S$13.30. Discover and book Morning Mubus Tour to the Mutianyu Great Wall on Tripadvisor
What is the Morning Mubus Tour to the Mutianyu Great Wall cancellation policy?
Morning Mubus Tour to the Mutianyu Great Wall cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Morning Mubus Tour to the Mutianyu Great Wall on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Morning Mubus Tour to the Mutianyu Great Wall?
Morning Mubus Tour to the Mutianyu Great Wall is hosted by Botrip tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Botrip tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Morning Mubus Tour to the Mutianyu Great Wall on Tripadvisor