View all photos (155)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Hong Kong’s vast culinary scene can feel overwhelming for first-time visitors unfamiliar with local specialties. Gain insider knowledge of the city’s cuisine and receive ample restaurant recommendations on this food-and-walking tour, which provides a cultural introduction to the city. Explore in a small group limited to 12 people and sample dishes such as egg tarts and Chinese-style roasted meat, as well as others you may never have heard of.
- Get acquainted with Hong Kong’s diverse food scene
- A great way for first-time visitors to experience Hong Kong food and culture
- Sample local specialties and favorite dishes you may otherwise have missed
- Explore Central and Sheung Wan in a small group limited to 12 people
What to Expect
Begin your food tour in central Hong Kong, where you’ll greet your guide and receive an overview of the island’s thriving culinary scene. From here you’ll follow your guide—and your taste buds—on a foodie adventure in family-run eateries throughout the bustling districts of Central and Sheung Wan. Head first to an award-winning wonton noodle shop before moving on to a restaurant that specializes in roasted meat. After a refreshing glass of juice, you’ll sample handpicked tea leaves during a tasting session in a private teahouse. Then watch locals haggle for fresh fish at an open market before satisfying your sweet tooth with freshly baked tarts from a local bakery. At the end of the tour, your guide provides directions to your original departure point or Sheung Wan MTR station.
- English-speaking guide
- All food tastings
- Beverages if not listed in the itinerary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Children ages 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Children under the age of 5 are free, provided they do not require an additional tasting
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
About the operator
By: Hong Kong Foodie Tasting Tours
Greater Melbourne, Australia10039
I recently met up with Yammy from Hong Kong foodie tours for a one on one tour. Even though I was the only guest,…
A great guide to some local eats in HK
Loved this tour! We had some free time in Hong Kong after our China tour ended and we wanted a guide to the local…
Hong Kong Island, China4829
Feast for the Eyes and Mind!
This is my second tour with this company (first one was the craft beer tour) and I was not disappointed. I…
There were just the two of us on this tour with the knowledgeable and charming Yammy. She showed us places we'd…
Fantastic tour with Carrie!
Excellent food, great guide...worth every minute. Highly recommend this company and Carrie! We have taken three…
Hong Kong Foodie Tasting Tours
We love doing Food Tours. This is no exception. Our guide, Tammy was great. Very informative about the history of…
Temple Street Night Market
My husband and I did the Temple Street Night tour with Carrie and had a wonderful time. Carrie was very…
Georgian Bay, Canada143
Sarah is the best!
The hotel recommended to explore the shopping area and had a great recommendation for tours. We were picked up…
Great Sham Shui Po food tour
Had so much fun exploring a new area with Carrie. She made us feel right at home in her home District. Don’t know…
Carrie is a passionate tour guide providing insights and color
This tour is far, far more than just a tasting tour. It is a cultural tour of a neighborhood by someone with a…
- Sheung Wan, Central, and 1 more
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207