View all photos (91)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
With its vintage buildings and bustling markets, Hong Kong's Sham Shui Po district is one of the city’s most authentic neighborhoods, famous for its tantalizing street food staples. During this one-of-a-kind, insider’s culinary tour, escape the tourist traps and taste your way around Hong Kong’s best-kept foodie enclave. You’re guided through six locations, from charming, family-run eateries to teeming food stalls.
StartSee Important Information for details
- 1Sham Shui PoStop: 4 hours -In the morning, meet your guide and small group at Sham Shui Po MTR Station, located in one of Hong Kong's most intriguing neighborhoods. This old Kowloon district offers an abundance of popular spots for any foodie interested in trying out Hong Kong's beloved cuisine. Follow your guide on foot down a food trail off the beaten path to six tasting locations – local eateries and specialty shops – for a taste of both sweet and savory classics. (Please note: All food venues are subject to change.) Start your walking tour with a stop at Hong Kong Style Café (Cha Chang Teng) for a typical Hong Kong breakfast. Then, head to a soy specialty store and sip some of the freshest soymilk as you learn about the three different soy products sold at the shop. Afterward, follow your guide to a Chinese pudding store for a taste of delicious sweet pudding made the traditional way at this sixty-year-old establishment. Next, see how the Braised Goose Restaurant’s owner and chef adapts traditional Chiu Chow fare for Hong Kong tastes at this hidden gem. After a savory sampling, your palette will be ready for two types of freshly baked cookies at a legendary Kowloon bakery. Finally, your guide will take you to Oodles of Noodles Restaurant, an award-winning family-run restaurant that serves fresh noodles made by hand daily. Savor egg noodles smothered with a special topping -- it's like nothing you’ve ever tasted before! Between tastings, learn about Kowloon’s culture and history while your knowledgeable and entertaining guide points out iconic landmarks. As you stroll through Sham Shui Po, watch the neighborhood come to life and discover how it has changed over the past few decades. You’ll discover cultural remnants of Hong Kong’s past and experience modern life in this vibrant working-class community that escaped much recent urban redevelopment. By the time you’ve eaten enough food for brunch, you’ll feel like a local with new knowledge of Hong Kong’s culinary culture! At the end of your tour, your guide will help you with directions to get back to the starting location or point you to the nearest MTR station.Read more
- An insider's food tour of Hong Kong's Sham Shui Po district
- Wander through a treasure trove of off-the-beaten-track eateries
- Learn about the history and food culture of Hong Kong's best-kept secret
- Tours are capped at eight people for a more personalized experience
What to Expect
A food lover’s paradise, Hong Kong’s many best-kept culinary secrets are far off the tourist track. During this insider’s walking tour, discover six different food stops throughout the vibrant, working-class district of Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong’s hidden, street food capital with a treasure trove of tantalizing tastes. Tasting tours are capped at eight people, guaranteeing an intimate and personalized experience. Meet your foodie guide at Sham Shui Po, where you’ll enjoy a traditional Hong Kong breakfast before heading to a 60-year-old pudding store for a sweet dessert. Discover other off-the-beaten-track destinations, sampling everything from freshly baked cookies to hand-pulled noodles. Stops change depending on the season, guaranteeing fresh, tasty treats at each turn. Your guide points out local landmarks and gives a detailed background on Hong Kong’s much-loved food culture, as well as new developments in the bustling, urban neighborhood, which has recently undergone a food renaissance.
- Food tastings
- Professional English speaking guide
- Beverages if not listed in the itinerary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- Children ages 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Children under the age of 5 are free, provided they do not require an additional tasting.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
About the operator
By: Hong Kong Foodie Tasting Tours
Greater Melbourne, Australia10039
I recently met up with Yammy from Hong Kong foodie tours for a one on one tour. Even though I was the only guest,…
A great guide to some local eats in HK
Loved this tour! We had some free time in Hong Kong after our China tour ended and we wanted a guide to the local…
Hong Kong Island, China4829
Feast for the Eyes and Mind!
This is my second tour with this company (first one was the craft beer tour) and I was not disappointed. I…
There were just the two of us on this tour with the knowledgeable and charming Yammy. She showed us places we'd…
Fantastic tour with Carrie!
Excellent food, great guide...worth every minute. Highly recommend this company and Carrie! We have taken three…
Hong Kong Foodie Tasting Tours
We love doing Food Tours. This is no exception. Our guide, Tammy was great. Very informative about the history of…
Temple Street Night Market
My husband and I did the Temple Street Night tour with Carrie and had a wonderful time. Carrie was very…
Georgian Bay, Canada143
Sarah is the best!
The hotel recommended to explore the shopping area and had a great recommendation for tours. We were picked up…
Great Sham Shui Po food tour
Had so much fun exploring a new area with Carrie. She made us feel right at home in her home District. Don’t know…
Carrie is a passionate tour guide providing insights and color
This tour is far, far more than just a tasting tour. It is a cultural tour of a neighborhood by someone with a…
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207