Hong Kong Layover Private 6-Hour Tour by Public Transport
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (22)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You'll start at
Hong Kong International Airport
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Hong KongStop: 6 hours -See details
- 2Victoria HarbourStop: 30 minutes -See details
- 3Victoria Peak (The Peak)Stop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Sheung WanStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 5Seafood StreetStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 6Cat Street MarketStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 7Hollywood RoadStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 8Man Mo TempleStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 9Graham Street MarketStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 10CentralStop: 30 minutes -See details
See 23 more stops
You'll end at
Hong Kong International Airport
1 Sky Plaza Rd, Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
See address & details
Hong Kong International Airport, 1 Sky Plaza Rd, Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
Returns to original departure point
- Airport pickup and transfer into town via airport express
- Professional guide
- Public transportation used during your walking tour (MTR, ferry, tram, bus)
- Star Ferry
- Peak Tram
- Entry/Admission - Victoria Peak (The Peak)
- Entry/Admission - Instagram Pier in Hong Kong
- If you elect to use a taxi at any point during your tour the costs are payable by yourself.
- Please note that if you book an airport hotel pick-up, it is still a walking tour, not a car tour which means that you will be travelling around using the excellent public transport system.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable walking shoes
- When you disembark proceed directly to arrivals. If you go to the transit area or lounges you will end up in departures and WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO EXIT THE AIRPORT FOR YOUR TOUR.
- All tours takes place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning or Typhoon #8 or above. For up-to-date weather information see the Hong Kong Observatory website.
- Tours will be delivered in English unless requested otherwise at the time of booking.
- Tours are available in French, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese.
- If you wish to buy anything whilst you are in Hong Kong you will need HK$ in cash. Shops and restaurants will not accept US$ or other currencies.
- If you are visiting Victoria Peak a taxi will cost approximately HK$75 in total to get you up there. As long as the queue is not enormous you will come down on the Peak Tram (included), otherwise, you will need to take a second taxi.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel more than one week (more than 168 hours) in advance we will give you a full refund (excluding credit card processing charges. If you cancel between 7 days and 2 days (between 167 and 48 hours before) we will give you a 50% refund (excluding any service charge). There are no refunds if you cancel less than 48 hours' notice.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Time of year
We took the layover tour with Richard. This was our first visit to Hong King and it turned out to be a great way to sample it’s famous sights, culture, food, history and geography. Richard adjusted the tour as per our preferences and along the way gave us insights into various…
Date of experience: January 2020
We booked this 6 hour tour since it was our first visit to Hong Kong, and wanted to use our time as efficiently as possible. The directions for meeting our guide were spot on after our 12 hour flight. Sinclair met us at airport and we followed him like a family of Peking ducks,…
Date of experience: December 2019
We had a last minute reroute with our flight and wound up having an 11 hour layover in Hong Kong. I made arrangements 2 days before for us to have the 6 hour tour while we were there. Things could not have gone more smoothly. Communication was great! Ryan met us at the airport…
Date of experience: October 2019
We had a 12 hour layover in Hong Kong so my husband, 11 year old son, and I took advantage of it by spending a wonderful and enjoyable day with Richard visiting the sites by public transportation. Richard was incredibly personable, knowledgeable, and immediately put our family…
Date of experience: April 2019
I had the best time. I got to see soooo much even though 5 hrs where not near enough to be able to see it all. We did most of the tour by walking and a few rides by train, double decker and boat. Tried some local delicious food and snack. Mel was an amazing tour guide and…
Date of experience: May 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Hello Hong Kong: Private & Small Group Tours
Great way to see Hong Kong quickly!
We only had a day to really see Hong Kong and I’m glad we had Mel as our guide. We ate too much at the hotel so unf…
Private Custom Half Day Tour
We had a wonderful tour which includedall the things that we requested to see,taste and experience.Highlights inclu…
Beautiful City, Wonderful Guide
We had a wonderful tour with Agnes our tour guide from Hello Hong Kong. We visited the Wong Tai Sin Temple where s…
Amazing food and an amazing guide!
My guide Sinclair was incredible; great knowledge of the areas and restaurants we went to, patient when I was runni…
Most Enjoyable Lantau Tour
Our tour guide, Stephanie, took us to Lantau to visit the Big Buddha site and the fishermen village Tai O. The plac…
Great way to see the city
We had a great day with Richard our tour guide. He was knowledgeable and interesting. We feel we have learned so mu…
Wonderful Experience with Ryan
Ryan's knowledge,energy and enthusiasm kept us going! He was so organized that we were able to see so many things i…
Full Day Walking Tour with Sinclair
Fantastic day with Sinclair getting to know Hong Kong. We were first time visitors to Hong Kong. Started with a dim…
We had the best 4 hour private tour in Hong Kong with Ryan. We landed at 6am and had a 9am tour time. He picked u…
Spectacular Day In Lantau
Our family had the best day in Lantau with Sainclair. From the moment we met Sinclair, we knew we were in great h…
To say this tour was a private custom tour of Hong Kong does not do it justice! Richard went above and beyond! We e…
On our first of five days in Hong Kong, our guide Agnes showed us and told us about so many things to do and places…
Mel was an excellent tour guide. When we first met in lobby of our hotel, he asked us what it is we wanted to get …
Wonderul Food Tour!
We had an excellent food tour with Jane! We went to multiple places and tried many types of food, including dim sum…
Great short trip around Hong Kong
We were met off our cruise ship by tour guide Richard and driver Jeff. They were both very nice guys and made us fe…
- Duration: 4–6 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207