You'll spend half a day with our local Singapore host to catch some of the city’s highlights and to experience what life here is all about. Explore quirky neighborhoods like Little India or Tiong Bahru or delve into the city's street food culture, snacking on some ridiculously yummy spring rolls at a hawker’s center. Feel like Gardens by the Bay at the beginning of your experience and a quick dash to the inner city later? No problem. Adventure awaits and we will help you discover it. Within 24 hours after booking you'll receive a short questionnaire about your personality and interests. Based on your responses, you'll be assigned a like-minded host. Your host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary to help you discover what makes the city unique. You will also agree on a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience, you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- 3 hours with a host
- Private and personalized experience
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central locations)
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Tickets to any attractions
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Transportation costs
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot.
- Starbucks, 133 New Bridge Rd, #01-08 Chinatown Point, Singapore 059413 Upon booking your meeting point can be arranged (e.g. your hotel/accommodation), however this MUST be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 30791P717
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Kickstart Your Trip To Singapore With A Local: Private & Personalized?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Kickstart Your Trip To Singapore With A Local: Private & Personalized on Tripadvisor
- How much is Kickstart Your Trip To Singapore With A Local: Private & Personalized?
- Kickstart Your Trip To Singapore With A Local: Private & Personalized price starts from S$103.84. Discover and book Kickstart Your Trip To Singapore With A Local: Private & Personalized on Tripadvisor
- What is the Kickstart Your Trip To Singapore With A Local: Private & Personalized cancellation policy?
- Kickstart Your Trip To Singapore With A Local: Private & Personalized cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kickstart Your Trip To Singapore With A Local: Private & Personalized on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Kickstart Your Trip To Singapore With A Local: Private & Personalized?
- Kickstart Your Trip To Singapore With A Local: Private & Personalized is hosted by City Unscripted. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact City Unscripted on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Kickstart Your Trip To Singapore With A Local: Private & Personalized on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 30791P717
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atStarbucksOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- Pass byChinatownMaxwell Food CentreGardens by the BaySingapore Flyer
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
#22 of 204 Food & Drink in Singapore
- 538herbw00Great experienceI really enjoyed this tour with Daryll. I had received many recommendations from friends about where to go and Daryll worked them into the tour and added other good places. We covered a lot of ground so I got a tour of the city and as well as the Hawker markets. My requests actually resulted in us going to areas of Singapore that I had not visited up to that point. The result was exactly what I expect from a private tour - the guide’s suggestions and knowledge along with some input from me. I would highly recommend Daryll when you find yourself in Singapore.
- 21ingridh00Very informative, tailored to our interests and expectations. Excellent!Mark was an excellent guide, sharing stories about the history of Singapore and it's relationship with the rest of Asia and the World, We loved the Buddhist temple and learned so much about the culture and diversity of Singapore. Thank you Mark!
- Climber1026789437800Singapore and Malaysia Tapestry of CulturesWe took the Singapore & Malaysia Tapestry of cultures. It was a Marco Polo tour which is supposed to be their best and a small group. There were 13 of us and we all agreed this would be our last trip with them. This was billed as a foodie experience and the places they took us were awful. Experiences like a special mahjong class touted as an A&K exclusive experience vanished. The A&K representative apologized at the end of our trip saying he knew this was not the trip we expected. Since we didn't receive events as stated in the description we requested that they give use partial refund. Everyone on the tour complained to A&K in detail about everything that went wrong. We were offered $1000 toward another trip. This is not a way to treat repeat customers.
- Aliya Y00Great immersion into Singapore’s history and cultureI very much enjoyed our walk in Singapore. Jimmy, the guide, provided a lot of insight into the local history, culture. Our schedule was adjusted based on my preferences, which was great. I enjoyed every site we visited, even made a wish in the oldest Buddhist temple. Jimmy enthusiastically answered all my questions as it’s always fascinating to know the locals’ view on certain matters. Jimmy was also kind enough to take nice photos of me as I was solo traveling this time. A wonderful experience which I would highly recommend. P.S. Apologies again for being 15 mins late as I mixed up the stations.
- alisont180700Singapore Walking Street Food TourWe did a walking street food tour with Aldric. He was a lovely guide who talked us through all the tasty food dishes. Although this tour was good and Aldric was great, it was expensive compared to street food tours in other cities/countries.
- karnge00A wonderful stroll through SingaporeWe had a wonderful experience. She was very attentive and responsive. Even before the tour she reached out in order to structure a comprehensive list of sights to visit including three temples, hawker stands, river front, and an assortment of highlights. I would fully recommend her and will when my friend’s Singapore
- lizwD6192GC00Excellent food , knowledge, organisation. Would recommend him to friends .Hardest part was dealing with Tripadvisor…!!!!Excellent. I donor need to waffle on just to suit you algorithm. Excellent means excellent. Can’t you understand. AI is taking over
- Rachel M00Great personal tour with a friendly & knowledgable guideThis was our first time visiting Singapore & what a great way to be introduced to the city. Our guide, J, was easy to talk with & to ask any question. We had an enjoyable afternoon & he went above & beyond, it was like we were spending time with a friend. I enjoyed the more personal & private side of the tour compared to a large tour group. We visited a few cultural places, including Emerald Hill, ending at Chinatown. I would highly recommend this tour 😀
- 389jameelahs00A taste of Singapore’s cultureThis tour gave the perfect dive into Singapore and the local culture! Jon, our guide, was so knowledgeable and informative!
- 572nealea00Great food tour.Fabulous food tour with Cheryl. She was knowledgable, insightful and great fun. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.
- 686scottf00Silver AnniversaryDanny was a charming young man and easy to chat to. He took us to exactly the places we hoped when we gave our brief requirement. We saw parts of Singapore that we would never have discovered, in Chinatown, Malay areas and on public transport, train and bus, we tried food and drinks he recommended and he was very knowledgeable about the history of Singapore so we also learned a lot. A truly memorable afternoon and one that made our trip special.
- 792SteveB00Quick overview of local eatsOur guide Cheryl was excellent, she took us to the spots where the locals eat to experience some of her favourites, It certainly was an eye opener to understand what different combinations of foods there are. It gave us a good overview of where to go back to over the next fees days, My tip would be to do this on your first night.
- sueaV5481NE00Great introduction to local food!We did the Eat Like A Local tour with Aldric and had a wonderful experience. Aldric is a true foodie and took us to some local hawker markets as well as some Michelin starred ones. He certainly knew his food and was able to give us a great sampling of local Singapore favorites. I’d highly recommend Aldric if you’re ever wanting to do a food experience in Singapore!
- B C00Fantastic food curated for usFantastic food tour. Jimmy our guide was very knowledgeable and had put together a bespoke tour which matched everything we wanted to cover. When we started the tour I mentioned I was interested in the street art tour so Jimmy added it in to the tour! The food was all delicious, great quality and a variety. A really nice way to get round some of the hawker stalls.
- howiea35400Wonderful guideCheryl was amazing - the perfect guide. Professional yet friendly, and took the train back with us to our hotel to make sure we knew where we were going. Thank you Cheryl!!