View all photos (20)
Book by September 27 and travel between July 31 and March 31 to save 10% off our previously offered price!
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Strategic Missile Forces MuseumStop: 3 hours - Admission includedDrive Kiev-Odesa Highway approximately two hours, make a left turm to Holovanivsk and then another 30 minutes to the outskirt of Bobuz'ke village. Arrival to Museum. Meeting a manager of the museum, usually ex-officer. Briefing on the history of the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile base of ICBM silo launcher in Pervomaisk in a pavillion with many exhibits. Sightseeing of the premises of the base including passage through 150 meters long underground corridor. Take a lift 12 floors down to the bottom of the Unified Launch Control Center. (Lift can barely fit three people so with a big group it might take time for everybody to take it). Visit rest area of the officers and climb one floor up to the control center, where the launching equipment with "THE BUTTON" was located. See the guards' bunkers, silo's lead, trucks and SS-18 "Satan" Intercontinental Ballistic Missile. On the way back to Kiev we make a stop for lunch at one of the cafes. Arrival back time 6 p.m.Read more
You'll end at
Mykhailivs'ka St, 1, Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000The starting point is Kozatskiy hotel, which is on the main square - Independence (Maidan) - the hotel is the second building on the right from McDonalds. We meet in front of the hotel.
See address & details
Aroma Kava, Mykhailivs'ka St, 1, Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (for private tours only)
- Entry fee
- Entry/Admission - Strategic Missile Forces Museum
- Pick up and drop off (for public tours only). Extra fee of US $10-$40 may be required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 7 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 1 more review on Viator
Very intresting trip! I was the only one going there at the time together with the driver Andrej, who was a very nice person! The guide at the base was a fantastic woman! I was there in 2016
Date of experience: January 2019
I lived through the cold war but this trip showed just how frightening and knife-edge that period was. Russia/Ukraine had spent $billions on these high tech sites at a time when they couldn't feed their own people. The guides are all employed at the site and not by the tour…
Date of experience: October 2019
So this is a perfect trip for Cold War fans. Well worth the 3.5 hour drive to get there (do not let this put you off). It was both surreal & fascinating. Who would ever have thought back in the 80s that visitors could one day press the actual nuclear button which could have…
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: SoloEast Travel Chernobyl Day Trip
Thanks Igor !
Igor was an amazing guide, we have really enjoy this deep trip to Tchornobyl and not Tchernobyl, as a European citi…
Awesome trip - can highly recommend
Booked the Chernobyl Day Trip and everything was perfectly well organised by SoloEast. After meeting at 8am we drov…
Amazing tour with Igor, I highly recommend it! There is a lot to see and it is definitely an experience that you re…
Special thanks to Igor
The tour itself is a unique experience that should be on your list if you are in Ukraine. SoloEast deserves 5 stars…
I had an amazing trip. Even going alone is still fun because you will meet people on the trip. We had a great guide…
Great Tour, Best Guide (Igor)
Great tour. Our tour guide, Igor, was the best. Nothing I didn't get to see or do, and nothing more I could have …
Absolute blast of a tour with SoloEast's Diana!
We (2 people coming from Germany) took a two-day tour to Pripyat and Chernobyl with SoloEast in July. We had booked…
Private solo last minute tour of Chernobyl
The private tour attention and just walking around exploring the areas with my guide Victoria who is also an excell…
Amazing guide Igor and company
With Igor we had the most amazing tour today and I would wish anyone a Day with him in Chernobyl. He took his time…
If you want to see Chernobyl I would highly recommend going with SoloEast. It was very easy to organise via email a…
Top notch tour with Diana
Our tour with Diana into the exclusion zone exceeded our expectations. She is very knowledgeable and knew just the …
A walk on history
We've had a great and unforgettable experience yesterday. The tour was a good mix of overgrown ruins, info related …
if u are looking for a tour, you just book soloEast. guide was supercool, they show you everywhere on route with a …
Excellent exciting exclusive trip in the exclusion zone!
The group was supposed to be 4 people but the two others didn't show up so I went on the trip only with my friend a…
Amazing and Fascinating
I had amazing time during this whole trip. My tour guide Diana was amazing as she had everything organized. I would…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 134 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 159 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev
Which attractions will I visit with Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev on Tripadvisor
How much is Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev?
Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev price starts from US$230.00. Discover and book Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev on Tripadvisor
What is the Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev cancellation policy?
Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev?
Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev is hosted by SoloEast Travel Chernobyl Day Trip. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact SoloEast Travel Chernobyl Day Trip on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev on Tripadvisor